Humpback Rocks Recreation Area

Humpback Rocks Recreation Area is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lyndhurst, Virginia and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful view and not too hard of a hike.

From the Humpback Rocks parking lot, I hiked straight up the Humpback Rocks. The 700-foot climb was strenuous but I was rewarded with the spectacular views. From the Rocks I went down by following the Appalachian Trail and back to the parking lot. The loop, as recorded by Alltrails, was total 3.3 miles with 1017 feet elevation. I had a good hike.

Easy hike up to a beautiful rock outcropping. Lots of families on the trail. Stick to the blue marks on the trees and you should have no problem navigating. up and back took us 1 hr 20 min. We are in good shape but not athletes.

loved it.. here is some info i hope helps that I couldn't find where I went.
*drive past visors center 1/2m, turn left, no sign into 20 space paved lot.
*kiosk board on left side of lot, read it. the humpback rocks are .8m behind sign, follow blue marks on tree.
*benches along the way in. steep at times, trial is dirt, rocks & steps leading up. can be slick.
*took 1 hr or so up, 30 to 45 to come down.
*same path up as down, unless you do a 4.2m loop
*walking stick helps on way down
*go early in the day, gets busy quick. week day preferred hike

enjoy the hike , well worth it

Hiked this trail 2 weekends ago with my 8 and 5 y.o boys. My 8 y.o previously made this hike without issue a year prior. My 5 y.o made it up for the first time by himself. Great weather. Great views. Went on a Sunday at 11am. Lots of traffic on the trail but was a great outing.

This hike a little steep for a beginner. It is dog and child friendly but not for someone who is out of shape. However it has a wonderful view at the top and the hike down is fairly easy.