Buzzard Hill Via Appalachian Trail

Buzzard Hill Via Appalachian Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bluemont, VA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from July until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike along part of the Apalachian Trail to the summit of Buzzard Hill. Along the way you'll experience a stream crossing, 2 ridge climbs, a very unique water fall with lots of interesting features, and the ruins of a cabin. The hike is loaded with 3 possible campsites, 1 equipped with a fire circle. The chance to view wild flowers, and water fauna are ever present in this hike.

This is a pleasant and relatively easy hike. If it weren't for the couple of steep rock scrambles, I wouldn't even call this hike moderate.

Nevertheless, it is a good hike with a very cool waterfall spot (mentioned in other reviews) and the camping spot is a nice resting place a couple miles in.

nice hike! good views of the water and the mountains as you hike up. the fire pit at the top is a nice place to stop and eat!

Beautiful fall hike. Easy with dogs. Make sure to stop at the waterfall for a picnic.

Love to camp at the top

great to do with the kids... nice waterfall.... nice views.... fairly solitary....

One of my favorite hikes! Beautiful, not crowded and a moderate hike.

Excellent! My 5,8 and 10 year olds did it and loved it!

This was a great family hike. Had several kids including a two-year-old and two dogs in tow which made it a little more challenging, but still doable. I would do this hike again. The trail was well marked and seeing the waterfall was a nice reward for the effort.

Nice easy scenic hike. Dogs loved running in and out of the water and drinking from the multiple streams. The scenic view was a little meh. But plenty of wildlife on our day and not very crowded at all.

great trail for the family. pack snacks and enjoy by the falls.

Beautiful! nice work out. Definitely going back and recommend!

One of my favorite places to hike, beautiful

It was perfect for the beginner hiker like myself. It did have some rocks to climb over and I did get a little confused on the directions how to find the waterfall. That was the highlight of my trip, that waterfall. I did make it to the summit which was also beautiful. There was about 20 or so hikers I encountered on my hike and everyone was respectful. But can tell I am the inexperienced one. Clear marked white strips on the trees to mark the trail. Will definitely do again.

Great

Great hike today! I really enjoyed the trail. I will definitely be back again.

Just an FYI: The AT trail picks up before the waterfall. I missed this and ended up climbing to the top of the falls and backtracking.

great hike! do much to see and a bunch of rocks to climb!

Beautiful trail with plenty of different sights to see along the way. The waterfall about halfway through is the highlight of the trail for sure.

Late October. Leaf colors about gone. Cool day, so it was a nice hike.

Excellent hike, about a mile in you come to the stream crossing. Go to the right and climb to the top of the stream. Round trip the hike was just over 4 miles.