Historic Jamestowne - Island loop

Historic Jamestowne - Island loop is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

I run against traffic, to be able to spot the cars drifting. Not too many cars, average about 2-3 everytime I run it, normally morning time. Gates open at 0830.

Pleasant except for the cars sharing the road.

Three miles of this trail is the three mile loop. Half way around you get the option of taking the shorter route back or continuing on to the end of the island for a fiv mile loop. I saw two of the biggest deer that I have ever seen. They were antelope size. Unfortunately by the time I got my cell out and in camera mode, they were gone.

Historic Jamestowne Island Loop
You can walk, ride your bike, jog or drive your car around the Island loop. The are two loops that you can do the short loop which is 3 miles and the the full loop which is 5 miles. The loop is paved so you do not have to worry about mud. There are lots of wildlife to see including deer. We rode both loops for a total of 8 miles.