High Rocks Trail

Wytheville, Virginia
High Rocks Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wytheville, VA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

2.1 miles 581 feet Point to Point

Exelaint hike. We made some great memories up there.

This Hike is very doable even for beginner hikers. We parked at the second parking lot where there is a big sign to the left. The trail is through two big rocks at the parking lot and splits at the beginning. There are no guide signs. Take the left trail where it leads to a beautiful hike through trees and woods. There is such a variety of different plants and mushrooms. It can be exhausting since the trail is steep in some places but with a couple breaks in the shade and plenty of water it's no big deal at all. It's mostly shade the entire way. The lookout at the top is absolutely breathtaking! It's definitely worth the hike and no disappointment at all. The trail does continue but we didn't pass the lookout. I thoroughly enjoyed this trail!

Pretty views.

Beautiful views, You can see the interstate I-81 on the right from mile marker 75 to the left view going hlF way into Rural Retreat .. it looks really small and wytheville looks like a spec up on these mountains... Great trail!! Deff. Recommend this!!

great trial.. great views of the Wytheville area.

My 11 year old daughter & I ran this relatively short out & back today with a decent amount of snow on the ground. If I lived near there, I'd run it all the time. Fairly steep in places. Nice short challenge with a great view at the top.

It's a great trail even though it's pretty short. I didn't measure the distance but the climb was a pretty steady steep one and I got a good workout. Not sure I would rate it as easy just because of the grade and I know people who aren't used to hiking would find it to be moderate to difficult. The view at the top is amazing and the trail continues on but I turned around. Not sure where it goes. There is no signage for the trail there to tell you you've made it or where you'll end up if you continue. As far as parking goes, there are two lots. I totally missed the first one and pulled into the second where there is a gate and an access road. You can park there and you'll see a sign through the trees in the other parking lot, head that direction for the the trail head. There is a fork in the trail at the very beginning. Not sure what is to the right but I went with my gut and took a left. The trail takes you down for a bit then turns up to a pretty steep grade most of the rest of the way. It does level out a couple of times.

Great trail, but a little hairy finding the trail head. Meets another trail at its end but it's unclear what the name or destination is of this trail (marked town of wytheville).

beautiful view at the top, very rocky and with all the fall leaves on the trail it made the walk a bit tricky. pretty woods.