Fridley Gap Trail

Fridley Gap Trail is a 15.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkton, VA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

know it like the back of my hand a home away from home

Went around 4/5pm and started on the loop and set up camp off the trail before sundown. It was a gorgeous view from where I was. Woke up early the next morning and finished down the other side to the gravel fire road, I think it was called something "bear" road, it's been a couple years so my memory isn't so sharp. But my hike turned into a 22 mile hike overnight and it was the greatest experience I have ever been on.

Completed loop trail from Camp Overlook area on 2.20.2016. A nice 1/2 day hike.

Tried to go yesterday and there were hunters everywhere!! Is that normal for George Washington forest?

Explored many times with camp horizons day hikers and backpackers. Love it! Good swimming hole about 1.5 mi in, and wild blueberries just a short side hike up to the ridge.

This was my first trek in George Washington National Park. Very well marked orange purple orange trail loop & very technical with eleven stream crossings. I loved it!

very nice trail. Exelent views.

Fridley Gap was my childhood forest playground. Everytime I go there I feel nostalgia. Fridley Run and Boone Run are absolutely beautiful to hike along and through. The three mountains on the trail each have amazing views and the side trails leave extra adventure waiting for you to take them. Check out thr swimming hole and what I call the pyramids (rock formation in one of the Runs, that looks like the side of a step pyramid). I highly recommend this hike.

Incredible! Intense inclines/declines, trail narrow and rocky in places, wonderfully secluded.

One of my favorite training hikes.