Freedom Park Trails

Freedom Park Trails is a 4.9 mile loop trail located near Williamsburg, VA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

recently have become a vegan and have ran the trail everyday. amazing in the morning but very buggy in the afternoon definitely bring some mosquito spray and anything to repel the flies. before you know it you have 5 swarming around your head and what seems like intentionally flying into your face. I live on Centerville so I just jog to the opening and run till I'm burned out. Haven't gone down any of the trails yet, I tend to just run down the road but maybe tomorrow morning, who knows.

I went here for the first time to walk the C trail. It was accurately measured at 4.9 miles (8k). It was clearly marked, well maintained, very little poison ivy! which is a great thing as so many of the trails I walk are inundated with that stuff, and really beautiful. It looked like the most fun BMX bike trail have ever seen.

Awesome park with a lot of miles worth of trails. Hard to be bored.

Great way to get away from it all. Not muddy. Minimum burn after 4.5 miles. Pretty easy. Did it with my 9 year old!

A nice park for riding or hiking.

Great Trail! Has a lot of fun stuff packed into it for riders who like to jump.

The snow is mostly melted, but replaced by mud. Lots of mud! I did not dare try the bike and hiking was , did I say MUD!

I can't wait to go back to ride the trails in this park!!!! I highly recommend it.

Lets put I this way, if I know I was going to be on "that side of the water" my bike was on the car. There are multiple single track trails to ride with drops, doubles, and rails. It is also a great place to bring the family and dogs, except peak season w/ ticks, to take out hiking. The new addition of GoApe just puts the icing on the cake which allows for 3 hours of tree courses and Zip----Lining. I will miss this park when I leave VA for MA this weekend.

I started to ride here as soon as I got stationed here. Park is amazing. Trails are very up kept and lots of fun for all types of riders. Whenever I am in the area I make it a point to ride here. Great place!!

As an MTB geek, I gotta say these trails are super-maintained. There are stum-jumps, ramps, and rails....the trail system has a little everything; for beginner and plenty to satisfy advanced crank-headz... Eastern Virginia Mountain Bike Association is responsible for upkeep and development. Recently alot of work has gone into Freedom Park and it totally shows! Great work guys... 5stars totally.

A really excellent hike. Dog friendly but dog must be leashed. My boyfriend, my dog, and I had a great time hiking though the woods next to peaceful streams and checking out all of the ruins on the path. Part of the trail was closed but we still had a great time.

I have been to this this trail several times, and rode the A, B, C, and part of the D loop. C loop is by far the most difficult and I believe is rated a double black diamond course due to it's numerous TTF obstacles. Take extreme caution and only ride within your skill level.

The A and B loops are pretty moderate and shouldn't be too hard for intermediate riders. D, E, and F loops are a little overgrown, and don't seem to see much action.

Overall, this is a great trail system and not too far of a drive from where I lived in Norfolk, VA.

Great park! Has 3 trails, A, B, and C. C is the most difficult (or fun depending on your point of view) with jumps of varying sizes, steep drops, see-saws and other technical obstacles, although you have the option to ride around all of them. The A trail is the longest, and the multi-use trail is good for a smooth ride or for hiking. Hikers are not allowed on the A, B, or C trail though. love the park, go here quite often!