Cape Henry Trail

Cape Henry Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Virginia Beach, VA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until August.

wheelchair friendly

beach

First Landing State Park contains a number of trails for both multi-use (biking and hiking) and hiking only. Osmanthus and Long Creek trails are but 2 examples of trails reserved specifically for hikers that present totally different views and environments.

Decent wide paths for walking, running, biking. Leads to a small beach which can get pretty packed out on the wknds, perfect on an off day.
Not a whole lot of wildlife along these trails as its so heavily trafficked, I think they stay away. If you can get past the visitors center opposite side of the beach then there's a ton of really old and ancient large turtles that will come up under the boardwalk

Fun and easy

It's a beautiful place. Wide trails. Very nice lake at the end with a small beach :)

Great! Beautiful views.

Great place to run, bike, hike and enjoy the outdoors.

One of my favorite spots for family time. At the beach and in a cove so great for younger kids so you don't have to worry about them getting attacked by the waves.

I have hiked here and run here. Love the running community. If your looking for solitude, that may be hard. Go further back on the trails. I don't see as much wildlife, but the trails are wonderfully maintained. Been hiking, running, biking these trails for many years. Its much cooler on the trails than on main roads so great place to run. Summer is really busy and can't wait til fall to try it out then. Great family beach as well. *if your looking for a place to run in the dark, I would not recommend it. No lights. They trails aren't really technical. couple of different options to try to not get bored. And the bathrooms, the welcome center is always clean. ++ in my book. :)

If you love nature in general this is the perfect trail. My son and I hiked it today, it was SUPER BORING. I expected to see birds, lizards and snakes. All we saw was huge butterflies and misquotes. We decided half way to try another trail. Glad we did.

Great hiking trails!

Great for biking

Main trail us great for biking.

Rode my bike on the longest trail, multi-use trail. It's nice and shady, also pretty easy to ride for all types of bikes. I saw mountain bikes and beach cruisers; I was on my bmx bike. $7 to park for VA residents...

Flat trail. Took it at a fast walk from parking lot to south end and back about 10 miles rnd trip. Overall decent surface but did have to navigate around several mud holes from recent rain. Shaded, wooded, pleasant not particularly scenic but pleasant.

Nice park right near VA beach. Lots of different trails, most all of them pretty easy.

really great time w the hubby! walking and seeing wildlife. great for a long easy walk and a little workout!

I had a great time yesterday!! I got to ride my new mountain bike on the trail, which I ended up doing three times.