Dutch Gap Conservation Area Trails

Dutch Gap Conservation Area Trails is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chester, VA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While the area is beautiful and good for birding, I just can't overlook the Dominion Power facility.

It was fun trip and easy hike .. it's dog friendly and funny for families.. the beginning wasn't good but after that it beautiful and great views

Beautiful views of the river & a peaceful walk.

Nice scenery & good paths if you want to do some running instead of just a walk. Just under 5 miles if you do the whole loop

Hot Hot Hot! Much of the trail h
as no tree cover. If you're old & out of shape, try an easier trail. Bring plenty of water.

4/4/2016 Great hike today 4.67miles! It was sunny and 70 degrees and windy.Very beautiful views around the water.A few people walking and fishing.I highly recommend this trail.

Nice hike. Great scenery, lots of wildlife. If you like to bird watch I'd highly recommend this trail.

I had a very nice time hiking this trail.I hiked 5 miles with a 25lb backpack that I will be using on the Appalachian trail this spring.The trail is flat and is marked every 1/10 of a mile.Very nice scenery of the water,birds,etc. The trail has a nice bridge to cross the river.It was 40 degree's when I started the hike and it warmed up nice after a little while.It took me a little over 2 hours to hike the whole trail.

Great hike. It had recently snowed so the trail was sloshy.

It was very nice. My wife and I loved. The view was so nice.

Nice and flat, suitable for bike riding.

Park is easily assessable. Easy run/hike. Doesn't have difficult challenges. Nice lake views. Will be great for kayak and fishing.
In need of fitness accessories like pull up bars and........
Will use it often.

It's a nice place for a hike or casual mountain bike ride… The trail is the size of an improved Single lane dirt road around and through the conservation area. Some of the drawbacks are very few viewing opportunities to see the open water and about a third of the trail is bordered along side of the landfill

This trail is miles away from crowds and civilization, and the trail is nice a flat. However, I saw more tires than birds and walked next to a landfill with barbed wire fencing for at least a mile of the 4 mile loop. I have to imagine there are more scenic trails is the area. Not sure a return trip is warranted. Unless my car gets a flat.

It was a very nice trail, easy to navigate and mostly flat. A little cold with the wind coming off the lake.

Would likely be perfect for biking.

I love this trail. There's a lot of wildlife. Great for birding. It's flat and easy to navigate. Would probably be a blast on a bike. I love hiking it on warmer days in the winter. There is hardly anyone about, and it's extremely peaceful. One time I even saw a river otter!