Douthat State Park Loop

Douthat State Park Loop is a 20.1 mile loop trail located near Millboro, VA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible from March until November.

Awesome park!

This park is five minutes from my home. It's become my favorite playground. It's beautiful year round, and the trail system is rewarding, fun, and pretty much perfect. I go out for the day, or just to spend a couple of hours, and never get tired of walking these trails. Difficulty ranges from casual and easy to demanding and exhausting, and you can link the trails together in a seemingly endless set of combinations. Living this close to this park is the very best thing about my hometown.

Seriously, as a semi-pro MTB rider, one of the best damned trail systems in the mid-east USA....(understatement)

What a great mountain biking trail. Intermediate to advanced riding. We rode 8 miles up and 4 miles down. Uphill climbs stayed moderate but were long. 13 switchbacks and your at the top. U start at about 600 feet and end up at 3500 Absolutely stunning views. Just try not to die on the downhill. Very fast and well marked trail system. We rode a 13 mile loop.