Devil's Marbleyard via Belfast Trail

Devil's Marbleyard via Belfast Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Natural Bridge Station, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

rock climbing

Follow 501 North to the Blue Ridge Parkway. From there take a left onto the park way and follow it for about 7 miles then make a right onto Petites Gap rd. (Petites Gap rd. is a single lane dirt/gravel road on the side of a mountain. Be very careful on your way there and back.) The trail head is about 2.7 miles on your right.

For a beginner hiker like myself, this was hard. All uphill and rocky, but wow, did I feel great when I got to the marble yard. I'm a bit scared of hike so and the big gaping areas between the rocks so I only went up half way, but it was fun nonetheless.

rock climbing

It was amazing going up and down highly recommended for an adventure

Great

rock climbing

I love this hike so much! Its so unique to the area, and somewhere I love to take my friends when visiting. There's a short hike up to the marble yard where you can then rock climb the yard! For those who are afraid of climbing on the rocks, there is a trail to the right.

PS- do not go looking for the 'helicopter pad' if you are expecting a view! It is a wonderful workout that connects with the AT, however the view is grown over and no longer a 360 panorama.

The Rock scramble was a lot of run. Don't get fooled by the false top. It goes on for awhile. A little aggressive for young children. Hope to come back!

Very enjoyable, once you're at the top relaxing. The hike is challenging, but completely doable. We weren't aware of how steep the hike was when we picked this trail. Towards the end is where it's most steep, but no one complained because the trail was fun and the weather was perfect (October). The view is worth the steep hike, 10x over!!! (I wouldn't recommend it to individuals with crazy knee problems - I wish I had worn a knee brace)

The hike up to the rocks was grueling, but incredibly worth it!

loved the endless rocks

Really awesome hike! The boulders were so fun to climb over. Going back in the fall when the leaves change, the view from the top is perfect. Going to leave our dog home next time!

Awesome hike gets hard at the bolder field but well worth the views

I loved this run/rock scramble!!

The terrain on the trail is quite Rocky so you have to watch your footing if you're running. The rock climb/scramble was awesome. If you go all the way to the very top it's about 0.3 mile with around a 480 ft elevation climb. :) #funtimes

This hike is a must do if you love climbing boulder fields! The hike up Belfast Trail is not that hard, but once you get to the 'marble yard' the fun really begins! Challenging, especially on a hot day, thankfully there is a little spot in the middle of the boulderfield with a couple trees to offer up some shade to take a break from the sun and enjoy the view.

rock climbing

Lot of Rocks, very fun but hard, take care!