Deep Creek Locks

Deep Creek Locks is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, VA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

A park beside the Deep Creek Locks that is suitable for all skill levels. Most of the park and trails ar accessable, but a few are not. This is a beautiful place with woods, water, flora and fauna and of course, the locks. Lookout stands give a great veiw.

Short trail, very easy, one of our favorites. This park is rarely crowded and the trail is usually empty. Lots of bugs in the summer, bring mosquito spray, not a lot of wildlife - ducks and crabs and occasionally a turtle - but a peaceful short hike. I hike this one with my kids several times a month. We always continue to the small island past the lookouts, although the last time we went the bridge was broken. Hiking that little island is my kids' favorite part. You can also take the trail over to the Ruritan Club.

This is a beautiful spot. It was a beautiful day and the joy of the trails, water, trees, the lookout towers and the atmosphere will pull me back another day.