New Quarter Park

New Quarter Park is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, VA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

sea kayaking

old growth

1000 Lakeshead Drive, Williamsburg, Virginia

Love this park! There are several trails to choose from and they are all nicely marked with maps and how long each trail is. There is even a very nice disc golf course and admission is only $3. I enjoy every visit to New Quarter.

Phenomenal....great trails and views...about 5 miles total for the hiking trails combined...great for families. I will defiantly be back!

I rode this on a BMX bike so it was tuff but fun... Lots of obstacles and sharp turns and SHADY which is great on a hot day...

Great trail, through the trees. Undulating, with many tight turns. Well maintained. Only the one route, 6 miles, but worth it.

Very nice trails. Well marked. Beautiful views of Queens Creek. I really enjoyed myself.

Regarding the paved path - just as simple and sweet as it gets!

I would bring my MT Bike and Discs every Drill weekend to this park because it is right near Cheatam Annex. The hiking trails are great day hikes. The MT bike trail does need some maintenance though, but is great track none the less. I had an owl fly right over my helmet on a downhill section and made me wish I had a GoPro one time.

This place wasn't too busy for a federal holiday- I only crossed paths with two other bikers, and one runner who was yielding and pleasant. I am a beginner myself, but this trail provided wonderful opportunities ranging from easy to difficult to improve my skill and increase my confidence on TTF. A short trail, but worth the drive from Norfolk.

This is a nice park. The staff is nice, the trails are well maintained, and offer scenery and wildlife.

New Quarter Park only offers one loop for mountain biking and it's rated as a double black diamond course by the EVMA. All of the TTFs can be bypassed, making this trail not quite as difficult as it portrays itself to be.

It's a great trail system overall, and I highly recommend it to intermediate riders.

Several loops, all great for kids. Then park staff is really great. They set out toys for kids to play with. Deer and birds sighted. I know there are biking trails here, but we've only done the hiking trails.

Over the years, I have watched Williamsburg grow into an increasingly Disneyish destination, but I suppose that was inevitable. Despite this, I like Williamsburg and could visit every year - having visited almost a dozen times for various purposes. It is historical, educational, a nice variation on an urban hike. Go early or stay late to avoid some of the crowds. By only real criticism, shared by most other historians, is that it is too clean to be truly historically accurate. But that can't be avoided.