Claytor Lake Area Trails

Claytor Lake Area Trails is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dublin, VA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Radford, VA: From I-81, take Exit 101 to State Rt. 660 which takes you directly to the park entrance. Claytor Lake Trail is accessible across the road from the marina, from campground loops C and D and across the road from the cabins.

We encountered some young deer and birds. Even though it was raining, the trails were easy to hike and keep our bearings.

I do this trail often with my two dogs. It's a nice, quick outing with pretty scenery and it's usually not very busy. There are multiple trails within the park, and the one we usually do is the first part of the Claytor Lake Trail that then leads into the Bent Tree Trail loop (this ends up being a loop approximately 2.4 miles long). The trail head for this route is literally right inside the park entrance.

I don't know where the directions linked to this app take you but to get to Claytor Lake: From I-81, take Exit 101 (Claytor Lake) to State Park Road (State Route 660). State Park Road ends at the park's entrance.

There is a parking fee unless you have a Virginia Parks access pass.

There isn't a trail that's accessible that I could find. These directions lead you to a dead end. Really upsetting!