Cabin Swamp Trail

Cabin Swamp Trail is a 0.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lancaster, VA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

www.northernneckaudubon.org

Just hiked it in the snow, had no problem finding the trail even in the snow. The path is a little more sunken from foot travel so just look for that.

Hey, it was not my idea to try this trail. Or should I say try to find this trail. We made it through but who knows if we were on the trail.

This trail shows clearly on the map but not in the woods. It is unmarked and nearly unpassable. I do not recomend that you try it least you end up in Cabin Swamp. But if you must, it comes off the Green Trail just past the picnic table and cuts over to the Ann Messick Trail at the boardwalk to the beaver pond. Do not be fooled by the short distance! This trail will make you wish you listened to me and went around.