Bright Hope Trail

Bright Hope Trail is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, VA that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I hiked this trail with a 25lb back pack on 3-18-16.It was 72 degrees outside and it took me 2:27 minutes.It was 5.48 miles,mostly dirt roads and woods,a few creeks and a small cemetery.I recommend this trail more for horse riding and mountain biking unless you just want to get a 5 plus mile hike in.

Not a bad hike for my "backyard". Nice scenery and relatively flat.

Downgraded to 3 stars for the ticks and chiggers. Every time I hike it, I'll pull a couple of ticks of my dog. Also don't venture off the trail too much because of the chiggers. I always wear long pants on this trail for that reason.

Still it's a good hike and worth the time.

Great trail for hiking! Mixture of slight uphill and downhill slopes. Creek running through trail in parts. Trail surface is dirt and small gravel mixture

Nice running lop trail. Good mix of hills and scenic areas.

This was my first trail run in VA. I just moved here from Italy and I really enjoyed it. I may have gone off course a little (cause I got lost) but I really enjoyed the run.

Plenty of plants and some wildlife to see. Lots of ticks, so be careful.

This is a loop trail, not point-to-point as was previously labeled.

Nice, pleasant hike for a family. Not too challenging. There are some elevation changes, but they are easily handled. A lot of the trail is on fire roads so a group can easily walk and converse.

Easy trail, rated moderate for length only. Nice trail for horses. Bring bug spray in the summer months, we didn't see any other wildlife though. Don't miss the cemetery.

This was a nice trail; it was very wide, as in big enough for a car for much of it. The surface was fine gravel/sandy dirt most of the time. Very few rocks and roots, and very flat. It was pretty but nothing about it jumped out at us like, "Wow" to make me rate it more than 3 stars. We did enjoy it and it was very peaceful.