Blue Ridge Parkway - Entire Length

Blue Ridge Parkway - Entire Length is a 469 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Afton, VA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, road biking, and scenic driving and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

469.0 miles Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Very fun hiking seen a bear and deer it was well worth the trip

scenic driving

I have been back to the Parkway many, many times over the years...but have just now finally completed the last section I had not traveled. A true treasure. Hopefully I get the chance to experience it all in one wonderful drive sometime soon.

scenic driving

This beautiful parkway is a valuable piece of Americana. Although it runs from exit #99 on I-64 in Virginia to Cherokee, North Carolina, we got on in Cherokee and ran North. We hiked a few of the 300ish trails along the parkway and goofed off a little, That took two days. You could drive it all in one long day if you only wanted to drive it. There are many slowpokes so do not expect to break any speed records along the 469 miles of curvy road. I have been on many parts of the parkway over the years but always wanted to do it end to end. Now I want to take a camper and spend a month up there.