Big Levels to the Blue Ridge

Big Levels to the Blue Ridge is a 21 mile loop trail located near Stuarts Draft, VA and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving and is accessible year-round.

21.0 miles 1992 feet Loop

off road driving

Great trail. It was my fiancé and I along with a few other drivers that we met at the trail head. We had a great time, and spent the day driving. Lots of beautiful scenery, and the trail was challenging, but in a fun way. Never got stuck, and had a great time. We will definitely be back!

off road driving

Great Trail! I started from the Coal Rd Trail headed and ended at the Bald Mountain Overlook at the Blue Ridge Parkway. Signs everywhere showing other trails branching off. lots of camping spots along the way as well. 3 or so miles in there is an alternate route pointed out. That is the toughest part for sure. Lots more big rocks and a bit steeper grade. Several mud holes also to watch out for, none of which are very deep. Some of them do have bypasses but not all. If you don't care about pin striping a full size rig could make the journey but it is obviously a jeep trail.

off road driving

Great trail for off-roading. More moderate than hard, but lots of fun! Trail narrows on several spots and several deep mud holes (depends on rain). One small creek crossing. Trail is very doable for stock Jeeps, few spots with boulders but for the most part very rocky. Several steep inclines and sharp turns on an angle. Overall, AWESOME!

off road driving

Great trail. Wish there were more views. We went while the leaves were changing and decided to risk taking the trail solo in a pretty much stock 2010 JK. (Only modification being 33" tires.) It was perfect for a stock Jeep, probably most trucks too. It looks like the FS modified the trail to loop around a bit rather than just hit the hill straight on, so I imagine it used to be more technical. As it is right now there were maybe only one or two sections that we used a spotter and it would have been fine without one. There was some mud coming down the other side, but didn't get stuck. If you go after heavy rains I would have a buddy with you for sure - I can see how these puddles could have been much deeper and longer. All-in-all one of the most enjoyable rides I've had off-road on this coast. Was very surprised to find it, and very glad we did.