Beaver Lake Trail

Beaver Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, VA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Beaver Lake Trail @ Pocahontas State Park in Chesterfield, VA

Well-maintained and peaceful

This was my wife and I first trail we had ever walked and it started a new addiction!

Beautiful!

I really enjoyed the trail. I also took my little dog with me and he love it. The trail has a few docks where you can view the lake which is nice. The trail is well kept and clearly marked. During one part of the trail it crosses a sandy stream which my dog loved. He jumped in and cooled off. This trail is very dog friendly and I will be doing this one again!

Great short hike with scenic views of the lake. Went as a Cub Scout hike and found lots of evidence of deer, beavers and other wildlife just off the trail.

We hiked it on a fall weekday with my 12 & 7 year old daughters. (school was out for election day) I was also carrying my 5 month old. We ran into another family, a few joggers & a couple with a dog while on the trail. We spotted a chipmunk, a frog and lots of squirrels. This hike is especially enjoyable because it circles the lake. The kids loved the view from the 2 piers along the way. We also crossed a stream that the girls were able to explore a bit.

Great simple short hike. Good views. Not too hard.

Short, sweet and to the point. We had a lot of fun here. There are a lot of dogs o this trail and if your dog's are as unfriendly as mine, it can be a problem, but the scenery was splendid and as it's only part of a larger park system, there is so much more to do and see.

Pretty trail, but bring bug spray in the summer! I take this trail a lot, and my kids 10 and 5, have no problem walking the whole trail! If you only have time for one trail at Pocahontas this is the one to take!

Definitely my favorite kind of trail. Beautiful woods, shade most of the way, hilly and some nice water views.

This is a beautiful trail, but I must disagree with the stated 162 feet of elevation gain; maybe double that. It was a beautiful day, but rain was forecast for 4PM (and it did) so we had to get our trails done by 3:30. This is the one trail in the park that I will do again and again.

Beautiful trail to do at any time of the year! Go early I'm the morning when the park opens at 7:30am to see Beavers along the banks of the water! Snapping turtles are often found around the banks as well. One of the best and easiest trails the park has to offer! Great for kids and people of all ages, bike, run or walk!

One of my favorite trails! Great for beginners. Beautiful area at Pocahontas State Park.
I hiked this short trail at about 10 in the morning, and it was already fairly busy. Very kid friendly; a girl-scout troop was walking this as well as an elderly couple. Great for trail runners, just be aware of signs (easy to take a wrong turn) and other people.
The best part about this trail is halfway through there is a small creek with large rocks and a fallen tree over the creek. I ate lunch on the tree, it was awesome! very peaceful.
Also fishing areas. I spotted turtles and a few catfish in the lake.
Overall, awesome trail. I would definitely do it again!

A great trail to do during the Fall when all the leaves are colorful and the lake is serene. It's a fairly easy trail off the Fendley trail at Pocahontas Park.

I love this trail, but it can be difficult at times. It starts out easy, but there are some hills throughout it. I don't know if I'd take children with me on it, but there were families out there. It's pretty secluded and not a lot of traffic. Has a lot of places to sit and rest as well, and is very well maintained.