Ball's Bluff Canal Ride

Ball's Bluff Canal Ride is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leesburg, VA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

great lots of wildlife deer , snakes , and a turtle. great day

Lots of historical info here. The overlook is nice, good with less foliage so more is able to be seen.

For a suburban trail, there is a great set of trails. The longest trail is 1.8 miles but if you are smart and make a loop with multiple trails, you can hike about 4.5 miles without retracing your steps. The hills are about 50-75 feet vertical climb. My 11 year old daughter, who is not very active, can hike all the trails for about an hour.

For some people, this is easy. For beginning trail runners or hikers, this can be moderate. You decide for yourself based on the 50-75 foot hills.

On the summer weekends, it is busy but not so much that you can't find parking or the trails get backed up. I am able to do my trail running without waiting for others.

Finally, there is NO mountain biking here, only hiking. Enjoy.

Plenty of trails to keep you busy. Can be packed in on nice days

Went there during winter with my dog, it's a great trail and we enjoyed very much.

My friend and I hiked here in early spring; it is a very peaceful place, despite the fact that it is a historical battle ground. It is beautiful in the springtime, with many wildflowers and greenery on the forest floor. I saw people riding horses one time that I was there, but it is great for hiking. Kids and dogs are able to enjoy it as well. I prefer going in the spring/ summer because there is much more to look at and you feel more sheltered by the leaves and shadow. The hike went up and down a lot, but it wasn't too difficult overall. There all several trails to choose from.