Applachian Trail

Applachian Trail is a 11 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Linden, VA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

11.0 miles 1660 feet Point to Point

I hiked from the Manassas Gap shellter to Rt. 522 after parking at a nearby G. R. Thompson Wildlife area parking lot. I only captured 6.6 miles of the hike on this map as my iPhone ran out of batter power. Total mileage was determined from USGS topographic quads.

I am section hiking the AT, this was one of the longer days. Dropped a car at Tucker's Lane off RT55 in Linden, VA then drove to Sky Meadow park as the jump off. It's 2 miles up hill to get to AT. Once on the AT its very moderate through out. Total hike was about 12 miles.

It was a moderate trail. I recorded about 6 miles but my map only started to record the return trip which was 3.2. It was fun not many people and I saw about 10 dears. There might be some bears around, I saw lots of scat on the actual trail but didn't see a bear (thank god! ).

Great walk