Windsor Trail

Windsor Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Windsor, VT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

snowboarding

Ohhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyy God is really all I can say ------ a real butt kicker....I made it to the Summit simply because I was stubborn enough to keep going. I definitely feel my age on this one.....worth it when you climb the scenic tower yet I WILL NEVER WANT TO DO IT AGAIN>>>>>

Tough but enjoyable. Not a lot of sight seeing on the way up, but an excellent workout.

Challenging but worth it!

Quiet, challenging hike up Mt. Ascutney. Good resting points (Gerry Falls, Log Shelter) along the way. Relatively short trail to the top, but the trade-off is a steep climb. Make sure to stop at Castle Rock for great views before heading to the summit.

Good trail. Well marked. A butt kicker for the over 50 crowd.

This is my favorite trail up Ascutney Mt, primarily because it has water for my dogs most of the way, offers some nice lookouts and wildflower patches. It's also probably the steepest trail, hence the "Difficult" rating. But it's a quick hike for those in shape. This is the trail to see the old Stone Lean-to, which I hope to sleep in some night.
Lookouts from Brownsville Rock and the fire tower are spectacular unless it's cloudy.
Dogs under voice control or on-leash are fine.
Bring water and be prepared for it being a lot cooler at the top than the bottom. Bring little kids only unless you're prepared to carry them much of the way.

This is my favorite trail on Ascutney. The weekend traffic is far less than on the other trails, the trail itself is more enjoyable than the others, just seems to be a quicker route to the summit.