Wilgus State Park - The Pinnacle

Wilgus State Park - The Pinnacle is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, VT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible from March until November.

It's really not a bad trail. What most people don't know is that the hiking trail is across the street from wilgus. It's pretty steep but kind of fun. The camping part of the park is good. there are some great people that work at wilgus. the lean-to's are great to stay in and they also have some really nice cabins. the woman that works the check-in window is very nice and is also a hard worker.

A fine stroll by the river.
Still, I'm unsure why this is rated "Moderate."
I'm no fitness freak (to the contrary, a 48 yo female hybrid couch-potato/hiker,) but I found this ridiculously easy, literally a walk in the park.

It is a VT state park, and as such is equipped with campsites, bathrooms, cabins and a day-use/picnic area. I first waled this with my dogs in late March, when the park was officially closed, but signs said it was available for off season hiking. As the wooden-bar type gait was locked shut, I parked on the very generous road shoulder in front of the park, and with my leashed dogs, scooted under the gait.
Paths down to the river (which the dogs enjoyed in the unseasonably warm weather that day,) and benches to sit on made for some good photo taking of my dogs.
No jaw dropping scenery, and though I don't know from experience, gauging from the way the place is set up, I'll bet it's packed with people in the summer.
It reminds me of the informally and unofficially named "Poor-Peoples-Park" near where I grew up- where people (like my friends and family,) would go for a pseudo-vacation getaway- close to home, waterview, picnic tables and BBQ/cookout facilities for day-use, on the cheap, but not exactly a vacation destination.

Very short, very easy!