Belvidere Mountain

Belvidere Mountain is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Belvidere Center, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The fire tower up top provides amazing views!!!!

Went in August 2015. The hike then was well-enough marked, that may have changed since, had nice scenery, and was a moderate hike. I have a fear of heights, so fire towers are out of the question. The view from the summit itself, however, was still very enjoyable, but trees on the south side and a bit on the west blocks, if my memory serves me right, about half or more of the view. Regardless, I'd go hike this again.

the first half of the trail is well marked and muddy. it had great scenery including a stream that ran a lot of the way. by the time we were 2/3rds up the markers were scarce and I spent a lot of unnecessary time looking for where the path continued. to top off the bad markers, which are white and a terrible color to find on a tree. we also got into a lot of snow and ice... this made the trail extremely difficult. micro spikes were needed... (of course, I did not have them). perhaps it would not have been so challenging if over a mile wasn't thick with ice/snow. I would rate this as hard, and not for beginners.

This was a moderate but nice trail. The lower portion of the trail was a little muddy, but as I went up in elevation, there was snow and ice on the trail. This added time to the ascent and decent. The views from the top by the tower were excellent. If you decide to do this prior to the summer I would be prepared for snow and ice close to the summit.

Excellent trail with awesome 360* views

Amazing view at top. Five story fire tower on top