Shelburne Pond

Shelburne Pond is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Shelburne, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November.

0.5 miles Loop

canoeing

sea kayaking

This trail is fun, but is RIDICULOUSLY short. Someone screwed up Alltrails and posted that this was a 3 mile hike, so I went to do it today and found out that even with all of the side trails, I only walked a mile. This is a half mile trail, about 1 mile as a loop. It's odd that it's so tiny, considering the expanse of area around the pond...I was hoping that it would be identical to Colchester Pond, where you have a large loop that goes around the entire body of water. This trail barely leaves the parking lot. I had fun on it, but I caution you that the trail is VERY poorly marked, and at least 10 times I had to stop and look 360 degrees to find a trail marker (and usually didn't) because the trail either split and went multiple directions, or nowhere at all. There were at least 5 random trail spurs that went off in totally different directions, all unmarked. I'm a big off-trail person, so I followed every one of them, and did the whole trail twice today to make sure I wasn't missing something...but in the end I realized that yes, this trail really is that short.

For hiking the trails were great. I would like to come back when I have more time to explore.

There's a few different trails you can take here. We talked to a woman before we went in and she warned us about some big trees that had fallen over some of the trails and that we would have to find our way around the ,she was right. The paths weren't marked very well. You pop out onto the the pond a few times in different places so I think next time we'll bring our fishing poles.