Okemo Mountain via Healdville Trail

Okemo Mountain via Healdville Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt. Holly, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

5.8 miles 1953 feet Out & Back

rails trails

Moderate incline the whole way without many great stopping points. Nice view from the fire tower at the top but extremely buggy in late May. Our group instantly turned back around and hit up the Long Trail Brewery for a well deserved beer

easy hike but the view was beautiful

Went late march so some harder parts with leftover ice. Snuck into some of the unused trails on other side in Mt Okemo. Most insane way to go sledding on your rain jacket definitely recommend doing this. Trails not too hard, but not many areas for good views. Only good view is at the top in the firetower and its well worth the trip.

Completed this in several feet of snow with my dog. Beautiful views from the Fire Tower up top. If you go in early March, you won't see a soul!

This trail is in my hometown and I've hiked it several times in different seasons...generally it's not a trail I go to when craving solitude, but the fire tower is a nice bonus! Gradual and meandering most of the way up, with a few steeper pitches.

Very nice trail, this one will challenge some who aren't used the the hills of Vermont. Met a few at the top who were pretty pooped. Not to rough a trail in general, very well groomed, and there was some trailwork that was obviously done in the past month.
The view from the fire tower was tremendous.
This isn't a trail you hike for solitude. I met quite a few people at the trail and at the top, and it wasn't even a weekend.

Nice hike! Views from the fire tower are pretty incredible for sure!

Okemo was the first Vermont day hike my wife and I completed after moving to the Green Mountain State.

We enjoyed reaching the fire tower, taking photos, listening to the stream, and saying hello to others on the trail.

Wow. This was an awful tough hike for us. Our only hike prior was White Rocks in Wallingford and this was much longer and tougher on us and the kids (8,7 and 4). The little guy got a free ride on our shoulders about half of the hike up. The beautiful view was truly our drive and to me was worth the hike but I'm not so sure it was for the kids. I'd recommend this for a bit more experienced
hiker or hikers than ourselves. We were completely depleted when we got home.

We were exhausted after this walk. Midwesterners so very strenuous although rated moderate. Beautiful shade an beautiful view at the top firetower.

I completed this hike solo yesterday and was hoping for a little challenge after completing Monadnock and Ascutney the week before. The trail is more of a leisurely hike for those who don't like very rocky trails. The 3 miles of trail up to the summit are constantly changing from steep to flat, great for a beginner or someone who's looking for something that's not hard in the joints. I got to the summit it roughly 1:15. The only downside is that the trail lacks any sights along the way. Besides a stream at the beginning you follow for a little ways and one single view point about halfway up, your surrounded by dense woods and a very well maintained dirt trail.
If your looking for something to challenge your muscles, I would look elsewhere.

Ps. Don't forget the bug spray.

If I had to guess, I'd say this trail is at least 85% ascent, which makes sense since you're hiking up 1,943 feet of elevation gain in a 3 mile distance. Look at the photos for an upclose view of the map at the trailhead.

Overall, it's a good hike to get some exercise and a nice view at the top. If you enjoy nature and walking in the woods like I do, then this hike is fine, but don't expect any wow factors between the trailhead and the summit.

CHANGE IN DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD: Do not try to access the trailhead from Healdville Rd to Station Rd in a motor vehicle. The bridge on that end of Station Rd was damaged by flooding and is closed. Instead, get to the trailhead by turning onto Station Rd from Route 103. Follow that road to the end and bear left at the intersection and you'll quickly see the parking lot.

Hiked in late April with my Chocolate Lab. He loved it. Lots of brooks for him to splash in. The hike itself isn't that entertaining with very few areas to rest and basically no viewing areas other than the summit. Great exercise though with a endless ascent.