Mount Philo Trail

Mount Philo Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Charlotte, Vermont and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Directions from Vergennes, VT: At the junction of SR 22A and US 7 travel 6 miles north on US 7 to State Park Road which will be on your right. Mt. Philo State Park's contact station and trailhead are at the top of a steep road which is not recommended for trailers.

Did the devils pass trail in the snow. Better have spikes but then again it was slick. Watch for bears or cats around that trail. Those were the only prints I saw on trail when I took it. I felt very foolish when I saw the tracks go into a cavern. Hence fresh tracks. Be safe. Be smart. I wasn't.

nice wooded hike leading to some beautiful, look outs, views of lake Champlain, pastoral VT, and various peaks in the Adirondacks. moderate, short hike

Easy hike but fun! Great views at the top with a nice picnic area.

nice hike. I'd put the hike at light moderate unless you drive to the top then walk 50ft to the over look.

Short hike with beautiful views at the top. I love Vermont!

great easy hike on a perfect day!

I'm not sure "easy" is the right word as it was decently steep the entire way. It took about 30 minutes to reach the top. My 6 year old got tired half way through, but was able to finish without too much complaining. The views from the top were amazing - highly recommend this hike (or drive - my parents took this route and met us at the top).

Short, easy, beautiful.

Short but steep. Beautiful view from the summit. Map at the top was helpful in locating the various mountains visible on both the New York and Vermont sides.

Steep, nice view, short hike

Great easy trail for beginners, people with kids or for a quick hike with guests from out of state. It's pretty highly trafficked, especially in the summer months. There's a large picnic area and bathroom facilities at the top, as well as an access road with parking lot.

This is always my last minute go to place. Easy and awesome views at top. Can draw in an abundance of people and dogs.