Mount Moosalamoo Trail from Lake Dunmore

Mount Moosalamoo Trail from Lake Dunmore is a 6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salisbury, VT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

6.0 miles 2024 feet Out & Back

Mt Moosalamoo doesn't have an exposed summit, pretty much a sign "here it is"... however the view from Rattlesnake Cliff over Lake Dunmore is fanstastic. (about half the way up)

Mt Moosalamoo is an OK trail... The summit itself didn't have any visibility around it. Pretty much a sign stating "this is this summit" in the woods at the top of the hill. Because of that, I think there's less traffic on that trail, and so the trail itself was a little bit in rougher shape and had lots of downed trees. HOWEVER, the lookout over Rattlesnake Cliff overlooking Lake Dunmore is fantastic! Sorry my panoramic pic didn't turn out... I wish I hiked up a day that wasn't overcast... that view has got to be stunning in the fall.

Warning! One of the trail markers towards the top is confusing between Mt Moosalamoo summit trial, Keewaydin trail, and Oak Ridge Trail. I made the mistake, and so did another couple I ran into... I started going down Keewaydin trail about .5 mi before I realized that it "didn't look right" and checked out the AllTrails App to see I was going down a different path, and had to backtrack. Oak Ridge Trail isn't on the park map you get from the park office, but it turns into Rattlesnake Cliff Trail which is on the park map... so if that's where you want to go, just take the Oak Ridge trail from that junction.

Overall, the best view was from the Rattlesnake Cliff... if you're going to the top, it's pretty much just to say "been there" and look at the sign in the woods.