Mansfield Mountain - Sunset Ridge - Long Trail- Loop

Mansfield Mountain - Sunset Ridge - Long Trail- Loop is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Underhill, VT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

rock climbing

skiing

cave

This loop starts on one of the most popular trails, Sunset Ridge and is a 5.7 mile strenuous hiking trail near Underhill, Vermont. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing. Sunset Ridge Trail Long Trail CCC Road

Awesome view. Tough but worth the effort!!

Steep at points but worth it

An amazing hike, with amazing views of the Champlain Valley. A must do!

Absolutely breathing taking. The entire way up and down. Amazing views all around. Very steep. Absolutely worth it. This was hands down my favorite hike.

Nice hike. Began at Underhill State Park and took the CCC road to Sunset Ridge to the summit. Great views from the top. Coming down is a little rough on the knees but expected. Being the tallest mountain in the state, I also expected to see a sign marking the elevation at the summit. There wasn't.

Beautiful views and great hike.

The trail is hard but worth it we hiked up Eagle Cut Trail to Laura Cowles Trail and then to the summit and came back down Sunset Ridge Trail

My first East Coast hike! Steep and beautiful!

Amazing!!! Loved this trail and would love to do it again. Unfortunately it was cloudy the day we did this trail but still gorgeous views.

The trail is steep but very rewarding. About halfway up the sunset ridge trail goes above the tree line, and the views are incredible. The long trail from the nose to the chin is very crowded from people walking from the access road to the summit.

Great view! Lots of steep rocks to scramble over.

This one is tough if you are no Lt prepares properly.

Hard trail, but an unbelievable view. Took long trail both in and out so no loop but still about 5 hours after taking in the view for a bit. A must do for anyone in the area but plan for a whole day for sure!

Up Maple Ridge trail, down Sunset Ridge. Amazing.

Nice trail, gorgeous views, beautiful weather, good company.

Was ascending into rain clouds with 50-77 mph winds and 33-37 degrees on June 12! I did a big loop from Eagle Cut-Sunset-Long Trail to The Chin-Canyon-Access Rd. to Nose-Long Trail-Wampahoofus-Maple Ridge. 7hrs. 7.8 miles. After stopping at the Chin I wanted to get to the Nose, but winds were pushing me around, so was looking for route around. Cliff Trail is properly named, don't try to descend when wet. Canyon Trail travels through canyon/caves, which was refreshing after being on the windy ridge. Weird to see the buildings and towers on the Nose. Short Long Trail section was beautiful. Wampahoofus to Maple Ridge was mostly exposed rock and was a pain to descend in the rain with tired legs. I overpacked my bag and ended up using all of my winter gear. Two days before a couple was rescued in New Hampshire in similar conditions with hypothermia because they tried to pack light. Exhilirating day!

My wife and I are on our honeymoon in Burlington, so we decided to Take the eagle cut to sunset ridge trails and then the short section of the long trail to hit the chin on Mansfield, hike was fantastic, and the views were truly spectacular, the trail is very rocky and rather steep once you clear the trees and get into the pine barrens, I would not bring small children up unless you feel like piggyback ridding them up to the summit, no ice anywhere on the trail and not muddy when we made our trip up, poles would have been nice but not essential

this hike is my favorite so far! took Laurie cowles up, and sunset ridge down. the views at the alpine zone are amazing...and the ridgeline down was spectacular! completed this hike 5/27/16 still ice on Laurie cowles trail, only on a couple spots... no need for microspikes.