Mount Equinox Trail

Mount Equinox Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from May until October.

all uphill! no breaks but worth the views!

1. Great hike! Brings poles! Very steep with minimal switchbacks.
2. Bring your dogs if they can behave off leash. You dont want to have them attached with the steepness of the trail.
3. Bring lots of water and snacks.

Great views, fairly challenging hike from Burr and Burton school trailhead.

My girlfriend an I did this today as our first hike in Vermont. It was a great trail with a hard difficulty. The trail has easily seen trailheads that are simple and easy to follow. You can take a quick trip to the springs about 2/3s of the way up to the summit. I would not recommend this without being ready to go up. Most of the trail is an upward hike. There aren't too many flat areas so take advantage when you get them. The top of the summit has some incredible 360 degree views. Well worth the hike in my opinion.

Great mountain

One of my absolute favorite mountains to run. technical and steep from Burr and Burton school. Great vistas, and a nice welcome,center,on the summit. There are several interesting things about this mountain that make it a cool trip! There are easier and longer ways from Beartown, and three maple drive.

Great Hike! Red Gate to Blue trail is gentle climb, the rest is "Brutiful". Brutiful = Brutally Beautiful! It's such a gorgeous trail and feels like you've been transported to another world altogether. Hiked on this coolish morning in August and very glad I didn't do this on a hot day. My son and Kona the Viszla were more than up to the task (honestly Kona did this trail X2 with all the running he did up ahead then back). Springs at the halfway mark were welcome sight! Bear track (smallish) on the trail before the springs. 2 hours up with pack @35lbs. It is quite a hill though, pack a lunch.I had wondered how it would compare to one of my favs Healdeville, and I was right it was Healdville with no breaks and an extra thousand vert thrown in. Compares with Weathersfield/Ascutney but harder I think.

Relentless uphill climb. Very foggy at the summit obstructing views but it was still worth it

Challenging elevation to length ratio. Nice natural spring. Nice summit view.

very challenging hike with a great rewards at the top. be sure to read the history of the place in the visitor's center

It was a tough up hill climb by the view was worth it!

Steep all the way up, nice hike so you know you did something when it was done.

This was a difficult trail. A lot of incline over a short distance. Very wet, slippery and rocky. A bit of downed trees on the trail. All in all a good trip. Trails were marked decently but they're pretty carved out so there's no questioning.

Demanding - straight up with hardly any switchbacks. Pretty nice views.

Great long hike. Took us and our dog about 4 and 1/2 hours to hike up and back. Beautiful scenery the whole way up. Amazing views from the summit. This hike is an intense uphill workout. If you take the blue trail up to the summit it is a steep walk all the way to the top. Well marked but it's also obvious where the trail is. Great for dogs. The last 45 mins to the top had a lot of ice on the trail and the trail became much more narrow. We parked right by the entrance. Take a right onto West Union St and soon you will see a small parking lot (about 10 cars or so) right in front of a gate. You will also find maps and trail information at the beginning.

Beautiful day but the upper trail had a bit of ice.

Awesome hike but it is tough. I brought my three kids and they hated me for a little while afterwards. See my full write up. http://www.eastcoasthiker.com/trails/equinoxmountain