Moss Glen Falls Trail

Moss Glen Falls Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

The trail was packed down so no snowshoes needed but mixrospikes made the climb near the falls possible. The river and falls were beautiful with the snow and ice. We kept on hiking up the VAST trail which was quiet and a great walk.

We were on a schedule but had some time to check out Moss Glen and stroll some of the trail. There was 4 inches of snow and it made for a beautiful picturesque walk. Parts of the stream were frozen which looked really cool and the falls in winter were incredible...truly no words can fit the bill! There is a little bit of an incline to get to the the falls and after that the trail levels out and is pretty darn flat. We walked some of it but turned around part way as we had to be somewhere. I can't wait to come back again and spend more time here!! This is an easy hike for sure and a photographers dream!

I absolutely love it here! I've gone multiple times as my family lives very close by! Definitely an awesome sight to see!!

Great little trail with lovely waterfall. Fairly good sized rocks to climb to get to the top of the falls.

I questioned this trail to start because the beginning of trail is very unkept.  But the waterfalls were spectacular, even in a dry season.  Overall it's a short 30 minute trail that is very easy, except for end which is a little steep.  It's rare to get such a payoff for so little work.  This is a great trail to do on cloudy or overcast day.

Easy for families and with very pretty views. Pretty quick loop. Some steep areas with places where you would need to watch children but overall accessible! The trail does keep going if you would like to extend the walk, but not necessary. Great short sunset walk :)

we took our 4 yr old on this trail and she loved it. we only went as far as the waterfall but it seemed like the trail kept going. right before the waterfall the trail gets steep, but with an adult helping her, my 4 year old did it. Highly recommended.

We are not experienced hikers, but everyone loved this trip. The trail goes up and back, a bit over a mile I'd guess. It is well marked out, but be prepared to climb over some rocks and roots and up the hill. The falls are stunning, and if you err on the side of walking/wading shoes the creek is also fun to explore.
Be armed with bug spray. There are some gnats and skeeters attracted by the water.

Beautiful falls. Easy hike.

Beautiful waterfall, but a little steep in the beginning for our 2 kiddos (7 and 11). We made it beyond though, and behind the waterfall, it levels out and was a much easier time. We are new to hiking so it was a good first trail.