K1 Overflow Lot to Killington Peak

K1 Overflow Lot to Killington Peak is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Killington, VT that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

Mixed bag of hiking, mtn biking and ski trails including service road and stairs. Pick your way to the top. Reward is a spectacular above tree line view at peak when not obscured by clouds.

I started at at 8:30ish the Killington Grand Hotel parking lot, hiked (H) Morrain up to Snowshed, picked up (E) Wildlands to the summit lodge, then (J) Summit, then reversed to go back down.

The trail was surprisingly quiet for a Sunday morning: I met with one person and their dog on the way up, and a few small groups on the way down (around noonish). The mountain biking doesn't appear to start up until the ski lifts are going by 10 or so.

Honestly, I found Killington underwhelming. Much of the Wildlands trail was on ski slopes, which while they did offer grand views, these were usually enmeshed with ski lifts, parking lots, and the hotel amenities down below. The trails (hiking ATVing, mountain biking) are suggestive of being in a wilderness-themed theme park. My lack of enthusiasm about the Killington trails is not say that I think Killington Resort chose poorly - I doubt hikers bring in much money to them, so it makes sense they'd prioritize bikers and skiiers.

While I'm glad to have summited my first 4000+ footer, this isn't a hike I'll do again.

the view from the top is incredible

Hiked to the top Via Flume trail. Got really steep in some parts, and then took another route down! Nice views from the top!

Took the gondola up to the peak and hiked down. Was a great view at the top and beautiful woods. Did this in July so it wasn't too too bad, packed a picnic lunch with us.