Indian Brook Reservoir

Indian Brook Reservoir is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Essex Junction, VT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, birding, and canoeing and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

A fun, pretty loop. I go off-season to avoid paying the fees. It's a nice trail to snowshoe in the winter. Nice family hike and great for dogs, but people who are afraid of dogs should know that dogs are off leash quite often.

You can't go to this park unless you are a resident!

One of the best local loops for an easy trail run. Great before or after work quick workout and you can swim after. Must have a pass to Indian Brook purchase through the tow. Non residents can now purchase passes too.

Before I get to the trail review... I should point out that you need a pass to get in, requiring you to be a resident of Essex.... Which I am. And hold a two year pass.

The review.

Personally I love this park. It is an easy walk, or if you want a easy hike. The well maintained, and well groomed main trail which goes around the resovour holds views of nature and is good or birding in places. I've watched geese in the beaver pond area, and various types of birds all over.

There are some smaller trails which can be accessed in places. One of the lower parking lot, also a loop pushes back into the woods and is marked, but more what I typically hike.... Small and not a wide noticed trail.

There is a bathroom located at the upper parking, but I've never used it.

Also there is another small trail that runs along the road to the upper parking lot. It too is marked and looks decent but I have never hiked it yet. But will.

You can hike, walk, swim, and so on. I rate this as an easy hike, fun for the whole family including your doggie kids....

Can't access the trail without a pass. Only Essex residents can get a pass so unless you live nearby don't waste your time.

Easy walk around the pond. I go every Sunday just to get out. It's beautiful especially in the fall. Great for the kids.

Quite literally your walk in the park. Looks like a great place for some trial running though when the snow melts.

Did this one years ago. It was alright, nothing stood out as hugely special.

I like to go fishing here! I also like how they do not allow motored boats on the pond, so it's very peaceful!