Colchester Pond

Colchester Pond is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colchester, VT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3 minutes ago

Relaxing easy hike.

A great walk, not to challenging.

Easy hike/walk. Some elevation gain but mostly flat. Wooded trails that are well maintained. Parking is limited.

Great hike with the kids to the peninsula.

Nice hike with some elevation and woods.

One of our favorite places to hike close to home and a good workout

Very nice trail with a couple nice fishing spots. Walk left at the boat launch and just follow the trail to the rope swing. Caught 3 northern pike on the log. Nice spot !!!!

The trail is well maintained and clearly marked. It offers sights of the pond and also the woods. I would call this hike a moderate only because some might find the small elevation gains a challenge, if you are looking for a just plain flat walk because of injury, stability, or what have you.... Those two points might be a challenge. With this said I was coming back from an injury and handled it fine. Personally I like the flats, but also the elevation as it helped to get me ready for the season of hiking.

I love the loop. It offers a bit of everything, for a small trail. I go back often.

Great place to go for a quick hike or a beautiful ride in the kayak. Very dog and kid friendly.

It was a fun loop very easy!

Easy trail with a couple of inclines to get your heart rate up. Great for younger hikers

Great peaceful hike. Easy to moderate – definitely not flat. 2 to 3 fairly serious inclines. Very nice scenery and lots of boardwalks.

Great, beautiful scenery. Only downside was the reviews stated a completely flat hike, however be warned there are 2 or 3 serious inclines, nothing to extreme to handle but definitely not flat.

Very sweet loop around pond. There were many ice fishers and figure skaters on the pond today. Unfortunately, parts of the trails were pretty slick with ice, which was especially difficult on the few steep grades.

Really great spot for a short hike. I went a couple of times with my dog, took our time, had lunch halfway around the pond. Lots of nice wooded spots and a couple benches around the pond to stop and look out. Bug spray is a must!

This is has been mine and my wife's favorite go to place since moving up here. Whenever we want to get out, but don't have time for a long trek, this is where we go.

Beautiful easy hike around the pond. Logged a geocache along the way. Lots of mosquitoes though as it got later in the afternoon and lots of mud.