Monroe and Dean Loop Trail

Monroe and Dean Loop Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntington, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

snowboarding

Probably my favorite trail to hike. Well maintained, great scenery, and less crowded than the Burrows trail. I would rate this as a moderate trail, Burrows trail is harder. This trail has a few rock scrambles to keep you occupied on your trek up. The views from the summit are breathtaking. Leave some time to enjoy. GPS had me at 6.8, out and back on the Monroe trail, I didn't do the loop. Keep your eyes out for bear if you go early in the season.

Great hike! The views were beautiful.

Used a portion of this Trail along with Alpine Trail coming off Camels Hump Summit and looping back to the landing that intersects with the Long Trail.

Wonderful hike beautiful views at summit

Yesterday's ascent wasn't terribly hard. Poles and ice chains on my boots made walking on the hard pack and ice much easier. The descent was a different story. It seemed more ice formed, on the trail, after the sun went down which made my "ICEtrekkers" the wrong chains for the job. My hiking buddy had ice spikes and was able to manage far better. I took a few falls while he may have slipped only two or three times. With the lack of snow forecasted and below freezing nights Burrow's Trail is going to be incredibly challenging for the next few weeks. My buddy, who has hiked Camel's Hump for years, said yesterday evening was the most challenging hike he's ever been on there.

I hiked burrows trail two weeks ago with a couple of friends. The trail was great, hard packed snow with very little ice. It was super windy and cold at the summit but the view was worth it.

It's a great hike and climb... Did it both summer and winter... Was not disappointed.... But if it's icy bring micro spikes or crampons.. It's a long way down on your butt....

Beautiful summit!

Completed it on my birthday, a glorious September day. Monroe Trail to Camel's Hump summit, 3.4 miles. Must be one of the best sweeping views of the Green Mountains, with the Adirondacks to the west (you can see Whiteface Mountain and the ski trails) and the White Mountains (with Mount Washington) to the east. We followed the Monroe trail all the way to the summit and came back through the little-known and hardly used Alpine Trail. We left Wind Gap for another time, since we are planning to hike the Long Trail at some point.

Probably the best view in Vermont from the top, but you don't see much until you get past the timberline. Once you get past the timberline it's epic. I've hiked the Monroe trail in both summer, fall, and winter seasons and winter is my favorite because with cold temperatures, you don't have humidity obstructing any views and you can see unbelievable far in all directions. (I recommend something under your boots for better tracking in the winter to deal with ice.)

Loved this hike! Overcast day when we did this hike, but it was simply a fantastic hike with some light scrambling and sufficient elevation gain.

Ridiculously great winter hike!! Thereare four trailheads ranging from 2.4 miles of steep terrain, to an 8 plus mile trail. All trails offer different views and if you never hike this mountain u r missing out!!! I hiked all the trailheads this past winter and it was exhileraing and majestic in winter white. Five trips to the top, ahhhh the joy!