EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Burrows Trail to Camel's Hump

Burrows Trail to Camel's Hump is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntington, VT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs

This 4,083 foot peak has a very unique summit cone that gives it its name. You'll be following the Burrows Trail through Camel's Hump State Park for just over 5 miles round trip. Right before you reach the summit you'll come to the junction of the Long Trail which you will follow up the steep cone to the summit. From there you can continue down Long Trail to Forest City Trail, or return the way you came.

went up forest city to long trail then to summit and down burrows trail. highly recommend as burrows is better to descend due to Better footing. but the longer way up is a nice ascent. fantastic weather for a fantastic view

One of my go to spots on the hump.

This is a pretty challenging trail, a great way to get to Camels Hump, We the took Alpine Trail to Monroe and looped back to long trail and continued North.A very rocky and constant climb all the way.Did it on 4th of July weekend so it was crowded.This was the first section of our Trek from camels hump to MT. Mansfield on LT. It would be better with a day pack , we had a weeks worth of gear. Fun TRail

Really well mapped out, no way to get lost. We had beautiful weather so the 360 view was amazing. A tougher hike but definitely doable with a couple little stops to catch your breath. Would definitely do again.

A really well maintained trail takes you right to the top of Camel's Hump. The hike is strenuous, but the amazing, unobstructed view at the top is well worth the effort it takes to get to the top. Avoid on the weekends if possible though. We probably saw a few hundred people hiking the trail, and maybe 25 or so at the summit.

This was a very nice hike to do. There isn't really no good views while hiking to the summit. The trail is rocky and steep in certain spots, so you have to be careful. The ascent up was muddy and slippery in places.The summit was very windy and cold when i reached it. The clouds rolled in quickly and blocked the views. From the wind blowing, it felt like that you were going to get blown off. I will have to do this trail again when the temps are warmer.

Hard packed snow in late January, not too steep or icy but I would recommend microspikes and trekking/ ski poles. Snow on the trees blocked the wind for the ascent/ descent and the summit was very windy and very cold but had a great view. Very peaceful and quiet to be in the woods this time of year.

This is the most popular route up the mountain. Be ready for crowds on weekends and limited parking if you arrive after 10am.

We went after it had rained which made the rocky trail a lot more difficult. A lot of water but a truly beautiful hike from start to finish. Maybe the best in all of Vermont, Camels Hump is amazing on every trail. The dog did perfectly and despite the steep and slippery climb, she wasn't even panting. You definitely should plan to summit in a weather window without clouds. We were to only people to get a good view in every direction today; the clouds swirled around the summit and had encapsulated us after about 25 minutes of perfect viewing. Scrapes from the sun cut wide paths across the foliage below, as we could see both below and above the clouds. Excellent hiking partner and a warm day made it all the better. Make sure to bring layers, gloves and be ready for rain. Navigation the rocks can be difficult for those not in shape, other parties were having a very hard time on the slippery surfaces. Extra socks and gloves are a plus, as well as lots of water and a meal.

Wonderful hike. Great payoff with the 360 degree view. My 2-year-old daughter dropped her beloved doggie blanket (see link below) toward the bottom of the trail. If found please leave at the trailhead.

One of my favorite hikes. The summit is incredible, although every time I've hiked it, the summit has been freezing and so windy you feel like you might blow off the side of the mountain! The intersection with Long Trail just below the summit makes a great backup spot to sit and relax/eat.

It's not an easy hike, but I actually find it easier and quicker than Mount Hunger.

Hiked up the well maintained Burrows Trail to an amazing view. Enjoyed the scenery before heading back down to the clearing and hit Monroe Trail then Alpine Trail to catch the plane wreckage and back down to the parking lot. Looking forward to doing Burrows Trail again in the Fall to see the foliage. Awesome hike!

Hiked up burrows trail in 1 hour with a friend and my dog. Some parts can be rigorous but it is a great workout if you go for speed! This is also my Sixth time doing this trail so I am very familiar with its layout. Views from the top are amazing as usual. The trail is very well maintained. Came across a man clearing a tree off of the trail, these people put in very hard work! Hats off to them.

Hiked up to Camels Hump via the Burrows Trail on a beautiful sunny day, it was a sunday so it was pretty busy on the trails but everyone seemed very nice. it took us about 3 hours to get to the summit and when we arrived at the top I was amazed with the views, I had forgotten just how beautiful VT was and I'm so glad to have done this hike, I think I'll be doing more in the Green mountain state! We took the same trail down and were moving a little better ascending and made it down in just 2 hours. So with a 3 hour ride back to Nashua, NH we were on our way with still beautiful views all around with the farmland and farm houses its just an amazing area!!