Bucklin Trail to Killington Peak

Bucklin Trail to Killington Peak is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shrewsbury, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

This is a hike up to Killington Peak where there are far-reaching panoramic views to the Green Mountains of Vermont, the Adirondacks of New York, and the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

Well marked. Nice trail. Will definantly hike this again.

Really pretty, hard hike, with rewarding views at the top. We went on a beautiful, sunny weekend day and the trail was well used. We started late, so lots of hikers coming down, and plenty of people at the top who took the gondola. We had the place to ourselves on the way down, though.

Great hike, good workout, beautiful forest, fun scramble, great views at the end. Knocking it down 1 star due to having to share the summit with people who rode the gondola, it's pretty crowded up there with all of them, takes a bit of the shine off doing it the hard way.

100% worth the view. it has a good 1 mile + of straight uphill and parts that are flat. it's definitely a doozy.

Great hike, first 2 miles pretty flat. Then it gets steeper and continues up, only the last 3/10 of a mile were rocky. Over all good hike, views were beautiful.

Great hike. The first 2 miles are a welcome warm-up/cool down. I was happy using trekking poles and didn't find the terrain too steep. The whole hike took me 4.25 hours including a short-ish break up top. The trailhead has a decent size parking lot, easy to spot. Will definitely do this one again, and maybe camp up at the shelter (water + 3 tent pads up there).

One of my favorites, Part easy, part tough, awesome views. Check out our full write up which includes directions and other things to look out for.

Trail starts out flat and is 2 mile easy walk in the woods which was great on a beautiful day. Then the upward climb begins and the last 0.2 miles is very rocky but fun. The summit was breathtaking. Overall great hike and I brought my daughter with me who is an inexperienced hiker and she did great. Total hike was 8.2 miles from the beginning. Took us 4.5 hours round trip.

This trail was different from the two other 4000 footers that I did. This trail was more like a park setting until you reach the trail for the spur. The first two miles in were very easy, and the last 1.7 miles to the summit is where all you ascent started. The last .2 miles to the summit is a nice rock scramble. The summit was nice but the restaurant wasn't open yet when I got there. I would say that this trail is the best one that I've done in the state of Vermont.

Great views at the top. Always rough to see the power lines and other man made items at the peak. I've been spoiled by the ADK high peaks.

Amazing day ! Icy in parts but we just had hiking boots and no poles and we were fine ! Went up in 2.5 hours and down in 1.5 hours. Once you get to the top where the chairlift is, take the stairs up to Killington peak and get warm/hang out in the lodge for a bit before heading down. We did some trail running as well at the end which was great. Highly recommend!! Challenging yet highly rewarding and great views at the top!