Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Orleans, VT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Awesome firetower views, great shelter for overnight stays. the shelter has a small woodstove and bunks.

good trail. Great view. It has the safest fire tower of all in my experience.

Great hike, more like a 6 mile in and out hike to the tower. Maybe it's 4 in and out as the crow flys. Steep at the top and slippery in some areas due to recent rain. Hiked with 5 kids (ages 6-13) and our 12 year old Westie, bring water and don't quit!

Hiked the trial a few weeks ago and it was sheer ice. I should have had my ice climbing gear. We stayed the night in the cabin at about 15 degrees. Hopefully it's thawed out by now.

It will be a beautiful hike, but is super icy right now. We hit glare ice when we were almost at the top and couldn't make it. Needs more time to melt.

A Wonderful hike .It is difficult to find the trail head it starts in an old log yard. Part of it is on the access road. The views are spectacular. On a full moon we saw many rabbits playing all around the tower not really afraid of us.

Great view from fire tower. Nice wooded hike.

Took me 20 years to climb the look out tower, but finally done and so worth the wobbly legs! I will never let the fear of heights stop me from climbing a tower again. The view is absolutely amazing! I have been numerous times of the year and never had a bad view! Can't wait to make a full moon hike and sleep in the new cabin!