Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 9.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bennington, VT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until December.

A portion of the West Ridge trail to the summit of Glastenbury. A great in/out hike if you want to show a friend/family the benefits of hiking in Vermont. Great views, wildlife and camping opportunities. 2.4 miles to the summit if you're coming in from Harbor Road. 1548' elevation gain so it can be a bit strenuous. The south end of the summit is also known as Bear Hollow and is covered in wild blueberries in late summer. One of my favorite short hikes.

Easy run to the vista or summit.

Not too difficult of a hike, but it was a good reminder of how out of shape I am. Finding the peak was a little difficult, we ended up back-tracking and having lunch where the three paths meet. The trees block most of the view, but it was still nice. It was also freezing at the top, I recommend warm clothes and even a hat.

This is a portion of the West Ridge Trail that heads to the summit of Glastenbury Mountain. I really love what this trail has to offer all wrapped into a 2.4 mile, 1548' elevation change. Great views and camping possibilities on the summit. I often bring my wife and my 2 sons (ages 17 and 9). It can be strenuous for those who are not in shape with many opportunities to twist an ankle on the decent because of the rocky terrain. This is by far my favorite short hike in my locale. There are wild blueberries at the summit which tend to attract black bear so keep your eyes peeled.