Baker Peak Trail

Baker Peak Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Danby, VT that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

5.6 miles 2070 feet Out & Back

First ten minutes is kind of a boring access path behind people's properties. Then the trail gets narrow, crosses a sweet bridge and begins to make some good gains up hill. Beautiful water feature with a flowing brook that comes and goes throughout the hike. Awesome leaf peeping hike. Afternoon or morning adventure. View facing West. Could be a great running trail. Light tread. We did it hungover, so, I'd say it's on the easier side!

Great hike. Keep dogs on leash until you cross the old bridge, its a sheer granite face. At Mcginnis Creek you can continue to Bakers Peak ( North ) or head right ( East ) up to the Lake Trail. The last third of a mile is a tad strenuous. Once at the top the views are great, then you can head south along the ridge and hook up to the Lake Trail. The trail bisected my in-laws property and I have done this hike often. There are many Black Bear in this area. I usually hook a small cow bell on my pack, as well as , and especially on my dogs. There are also a good number of hunters in this area, make sure to wear blaze if hiking during hunting season.

A great hike! Well marked and the view was worth it!

Very fun moderate hike, getting to the peak is very rewarding.

A very well maintained trail, with good signage and great views, plenty of water and at this time of year, empty. We parked by the gate which was open. We came up from Peru Vt, which was a great treat to come back down to and have snacks at JJ Hapgoods.

A great half-day hike, especially peak fall colour!

Great weather 70 a the trail head, got a little chilly at the top. Really nice trail, views appear very quickly on the way up, I was going to head over to Griffith Lake but thought I'd save it for next time. Parking was easy room for 5 cars. Found a stolen backpack in the woods at the trail head and called the guy who 'lost it'. It turned out to be my good deed for the day, along with a very enjoyable hike. Will do it again in the winter.

Just did this hike for the second time! Excellent views from the peak. I ate lunch up there yesterday and it was beautiful. I definitely recommend going up there in the Fall to see the foliage.