Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple

Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Springdale, UT that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking.

Awesome

My wife, son and I hiked to the end of Wall Street. On the way back we went about 30 minutes into Orderville Canyon. There were many people on the trail, but not the terrible crowds I was warned about. I think mid week is better to avoid crowds. Friday looked like it was packed with people. Orderville Canyon was fun. A bit more challenging as there were obstacles to traverse, but my son really enjoyed that part. The entire hike took us about 6 hours at a moderate pace. The water temp was low 50s and we rented pants in addition to socks and shoes. I think it made our time more enjoyable. We were never hot.

I have gone up the Zion Narrows many times with various family members ranging in age from 5 years old to 70. The trail is the river, so depending on the water level the difficulty varies. It is a fantastic experience to be hiking between steep, tall cliff sides and hanging gardens. There are some beaches along the way, but you're mostly walking in the river. You can make this hike as long or as short as you like, since it's in and out the same way.

went 5 miles in,great adventure for my wife and I

Awesome

Zion National park is definitely a Top 5 hiking destination in the US. Each trail at Zion is unique. The deeper into the Narrows you venture, the more challenging yet more rewarding it becomes.

Great trail due to novelty. The entire trail is pretty much hiking in the river upstream. Our group hiked about 10 miles total. Hiked to a tall waterfall that was a little difficult to climb up so we decided that it was a good time to head back. Weather here can be unpredictable because it started to rain and there was a flash flood a few minutes after we got back to the parking lot. Good thing we made it back in time!