The "Y" Mountain Trail

The "Y" Mountain Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, UT that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

The Y Trail is a 2.4 mile out and back trail located near Provo, Utah and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Not even worth it if you stop at the Y! Keep going to the top! The trail gets narrow, and the colors are incredible in the fall

Hike to the top or be lame. I did the hike to the top of the peak Wednesday around noon with my dog. I didn't see another should past the Y. The trail is very narrow but easy to follow (except at the very top). There was a bit of mud around the top. I would probably wear real hiking boots next time (I was just wearing Nike sneaks). The one bad thing about having my long haired dog with me was that he was covered in burrs after because the trail is so narrow, but he kept me motivated! Took about 5 hours total with many breaks.

Hiked this trail to the Y 2x. The first was very challenging since the path was a steady incline and some parts were steep. Overall, it felt rewarding getting to the top!

Loved this hike! Honestly, the steepest parts of the trail are the ones up to the Y itself. After that it's a pretty steady but not killer uphill, though there are a few hundred yards toward the top which go back to being steep. A nice day hike, beautiful in the fall and an amazing view. The trail is very easy to find and follow up to the top.

Shoes with good traction are an absolute must. The trail is clearly defined, but it is rocky/gravelly enough in areas to make you slip. Heck, I was wearing Solomons and still slipped a few times going down.

Whatever construction was previously mentioned is finished now. The trail is fully accessible with new signs going up to the Y.

Only hiked to the Y - we did so with 4 kids under the age of 6. Decent incline but it was too short and there are waaaaay too many people on this trail for me; definitely not 'moderately trafficked' (at least the first third). But, all said it's a good one with kids!

awesome rewarding view from top.

Great hike on a Sunday afternoon. There were a couple steep area but overall not technical. Saw a some mountain goats on the way up.

Beautiful hike. Went on a friday evening and got to the top just in time for the sunset and it was such a great view. We saw two people on their way down while we were on our way up past the "Y", but never saw another person. Had such a great time having it to ourselves. No rivers or streams or lakes but it definitely got very pretty toward the top. I would recommend it for sure but it could be a bit tough to stay on the trail if you aren't with someone who has done it before!

Going to the top of the mountain there are plenty of steep areas that tire you out, but the view from on top for sunset is incredible!!!! Definitely worth the hike!! Make sure to stay right at the fork. Look for a "Y" carved into a tree.

Fairly difficult hike I would say, for the distance it's quite a bit of elevation gain. I hiked timp the week before, and this one seemed to have been harder on my legs. The view is absolutely beautiful and it was well worth the difficult hike to the top. Definitely will be going again.

beautiful trail, can get crowded so go very early to enjoy it alone. consistent uphill so it's difficult. the views are worth the effort!

A very straightforward hike with a great end view. Worth a visit.

They need to add rest areas. It's steep. Under construction.

great trail.

I Love this hike perfect for kids short but hard so they feel very accomplished