Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Great day hike, bad for camping. This will give you a work out, and often you have to walk in the water in the first 10 minutes.

Nice hike--up in 40mins, down in 35. Great for beginners with many rewarding views. Caves are cool and the grade can feel rather steep at parts. Only giving this 4 stars because the brevity of the hike attracts a lot of people and the trail is rather narrow in places making bottlenecks and cramped passing.

This is one of My Favorite hikes , it's a very easy hike up and back with a great end game .
I enjoy watching the sunset on this hike .. Remember to hydrate ..

Dont do this at night unless youre a more experienced hiker or youre familiar with the trail!!

It took my sister and I 45 minutes up, 35 down! Amazing view!!

The trail is moderate and I agree. It has quite the ascent in the 1.8 miles it takes to get up to the cave but was easy enough for my younger daughter to hike without any difficulty. The views were beautiful especially with the leaves starting to change. It was a nice short hike. With children it took up about 1 hour to go up and 40 minutes to go down.

A beautiful hike with the leaves turning. Not too difficult with wonderful views. A good trail for younger children.

This trail was marked as moderate. I would rate it at least moderate high. This is not a trail for the inexperienced hiker. It is quite an uphill climb for most of the hike. This definitely gets you up in altitude! The terrain is fairly rugged. Easy enough to navigate and kinda fun, but the higher you go and the narrower the trail,the scarier it can be. You are literally enveloped by mountains on every side. Definitely a beautiful climb but the climb is so strenuous that you may tend to miss the beauty around you.

Got up early and hiked this trail starting at 6am. I used a head lamp for the first 20 minutes or so. I got to the caves in about 45 minutes and was breathing heavy as I live at about sea level. I spent about a half hour at the caves and watched the sun rise, very beautiful! Would definitely do this trail again early in the morning as it got quite busy on my way down.

Beautiful scenery

Great hike. But don't take young children on this hike. The 1.8 miles uphill is difficult and when you get to the caves there is a down slope with loose gravel. Very dangerous for children. But great views and the caves are worth the trek.

Just did this yesterday! Awesome hike. Not too long and a nice steady incline. Also the canes at the end have some amazing views. Recommend it heavily as Logan canyon is gorgeous and seeing t from the caves is a great experience. Will do again!

The parking lot was full but I found that there is plenty of parking along side the road .
The trail was easy to follow and in great condition .
There were lots of other people on this trail
So even hiking alone like I do it felt like you were hiking with a friend . Bring plenty of water and snacks .
This is a great trail for small children to go on .
Just stay on the trail follow the signs and you too will arrive at the Wind Caves , truly amazing .
I enjoyed this trail rating it in my top 10 of favorite trails . It is 1.8 miles one way .. I hiked it in 1 hour 38 minutes up & back .. Happy Trails

We like this trail a lot. We have done it in the spring and fall. We are doing it again the first week of August. The wind caves at the end are awesome!!

worth the views in the end!