White Pine Canyon Trail

White Pine Canyon Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tooele, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

fun area with lots to explore. any direction you go in you find mines, just follow the water. I think most of these pictures were taken on the back side of the canyon. The cows have made it hard to distinguish what is a trail and what isn't. just follow the atv trail till (past the 2 valve wheels sticking out of the ground) to the mine. from these head south east through the basin. just follow all the trees with initials carved in them. They will take you to a saddle where it the trail will fork. From there you can see Eagle Mountain. You can hit some small peaks to the east or go down to the valley below or hit the high peaks to the west. In 1 afternoon we went by 7 mines, 1 mine cart and I believe their are more. Good luck and have fun. Also just passed the turn around ( where their is a trail to hike if you don't want to use the same trail as the atv's) just before the atv trail really gets rough the is a path outlined with rock to you left. If you take that, it will lead to the top where middle, becomes Butterfield. Their is a step 10ish climb that someone has put ropes for you to use. after that is a pretty light hike. you pass the trucks that rolled down the canyon or what ever but that's about it beside a nice scenery. I'm not much for writing and grammar, sorry but I hope this helps.

Don't know if we where in the right canyon, didn't see any signs. Saw a lot of ATV and cows.

I don't know if we where in the right canyon, we didn't see any signs.

Its a nice hike. Plenty of shade, it gets open and rocky in the end. Lake is beautiful but we expected more.

Nice trail steep at first.