The Watchman Trail

The Watchman Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Springdale, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from South Entrance: Drive northward a short distance and turn right on the Watchman Campground access road. Cross the North Fork Virgin River and turn left on a short road immediately east of the river.

Nice easy trail. Great views.

Fun, short hike, close to the south entrance of Zion. It was not super busy, even for a Friday in September! The trail has some incline to it but nothing too difficult or technical, a steady climb. The view is excellent but is cluttered with civilization. It's worth your time if you want a good 2-3 hour jaunt.

Zion is high tourist, but we did all our hikes at 6am and no one is out. Ran into 1 person on this trail. Loved the hike and do the extra little loop at the end. Nice view over Springdale.

Woke up at dawn and headed out on the trail with a light drizzle coming down. Enjoyed every step of this short peaceful hike. Just as I got to the top the clouds cleared away and lit up the beautiful canyon walls.

I really enjoyed this easy trail. Nice view from the top. After doing observation point the day before, this was nice and enjoyable. The loop at the end was sort of unnecessary.

Go early its busy. Nice warm up for the other trails in the park.

Great trail. Not nearly as crowded and beautiful views! We saw lots of wildflowers and many varieties of plants. We missed this one the first time we came to Zion and I'm so glad we hiked it this time. I highly recommend it!

Nice easy trail with a great view at the top!

geocaching

Nice short little hike with a view of the valley. Good for sunset or sunrise. Quick and easy.

I stayed at the Cable Mountain Lodge so this trail was the closes trail for me to do my exercise run. It's worth it.

Great hike to get a scenic view from higher elevation

Nice trail with amazing views of Springdale and the Virgin River below. Not too strenuous. There is a small loop at the end of the trail.

Nice trailrun.