Wasatch Crest Trail

Wasatch Crest Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from June until October.

8.2 miles 1274 feet Point to Point

Great ride ! Really dusty though trails a little slippery due to loose dry dirt . Still awesome ride though . Hit ricochet on way down which was so badass

One of the most stunning hikes I've ever done. Breathtaking views pretty much the whole 12 miles looking over Park City, Big Cottonwood, and Millcreek Canyon. Lots of wildflowers right now. Started at Guardsman and had a shuttle car at the top of Millcreek Canyon which made the majority of the hike downhill and very easy, just a few fairly steep uphills mostly towards the start.

One of my favorite biking trails. Very beautiful and super fun.

Started at Guardsman Pass and hiked to the summit of Scott Hill. This trail is great! Puke Hill isn't so bad if you're just hiking it but as I was coming down and all the mountain bikers were riding up I could understand why it's called that. Did this September 19th when all the trees were turning for fall. So gorgeous! I'd definitely do this one again. Would love to hike from Guardsman to the Park City overlook.

This trail is definitely my favorite so far! We shuttled to the top and it was definitely worth the $12!!

I really enjoyed hiking this trail because of the continuous views of Big Cottonwood Canyon and Park City. Didn't start hiking until late evening on a Friday night so there was less that a dozen mountain bikers on the trail. All of them were friendly and polite making sure that we were aware they were coming from behind.

It was the first real snow of the year and I got to see the best of both seasons today. Fall and Winter wrapped up in one. It was an amazing hike with great views of the Valley and the Canyons below. It was my first time on this trail and from what I understand this usually is a busy trail. Today we had it to ourselves. It was Awesome!!!

So a friend and I midnight hiked to this trail before it opened. We went the night of the largest full moon in years, from the Park City side. Talk about absolutely spectacular!!! It's a good but strenuous trail for sure.
There was still snow on the ground, but the trail was pretty clean.
It grants near perfect views of Park City, Salt Lake, and Heber/Midway.
In other words... The perfect place to catch a full moon.
When you hear the words "guardsmens pass" you just know it's a winner.

I was reading in magazine called Health Utah at a doctors office a while back and it talked about 10 different mountain bike trails in the U.S. The wasatch crest was named #1 or #2! - I cant quite remember.. But it was one of the most scenic and beautiful trails in the states.

Ive ridden it multiple times and all I can say is that it is gorgeous! Everytime I go up its amazing and never ceases it to amaze me!

The first part of the trail is called " Puke Hill" because it is like a 1/4 mile of just rocky-loose gravel of an uphill ride. The entrance is just on the other side of brighton as if you were going up to guardsman's pass.. I'm not too sure exactly sure how to give the right directions... look it up!

(it's a pretty good grade too.. so be prepared for that right off the bat!)

And there are certain days you can ride your mountain bikes.. there is like an a and b day. on eday is for mountain biking the other is for walking and dogs ONLY.. so you'll need to figure that out too..

But Dont let that stop you! It's a great all around all mountain ride. There is enough ups and enough down hilling. Nothing big though on the DH..
Just Enough!

I love it!

So remember..
you may need a shuttle car..
the correct days to ride..
the map how to get there and of the trail..

Great work-out up from Millcreek and beautiful views. Ride down is a blast!