Upper Calf Creek Falls Trail

Upper Calf Creek Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short, steep, slickrock trail to a beautiful waterfall This is a short hike over slickrock with cairns to show the way. Farther along the trail shows better when the rock gives way to soil. The views right from the trail register are stunning and varied with much variety of geological formations and rocks. The falls are cool with a sort of oasis appeal along the creek. Be sure to take a little water because the rocks and the climb will bring a little thirst. There are no fees for this hike.

I hiked this over the weekend for the first time and loved it. We were the only ones on the trail and were met by a few people once we arrived at the falls. The water was pretty cold but it was perfect with the 100 degree weather we were facing. Getting there was easy, basically all downhill on smooth rocks with few sandy/rocky areas. If you are hiking this in the summer, remember that going back up is entirely uphill with some very steep sections. In the 100 degree weather, the hike back was less than enjoyable. Make sure to bring plenty of water - you'll need it!

Hiked this in August for a short afternoon hike. Still a wildflower or two. Had the trail all to myself. Not really any good spots to sit near the waterfall, but very pretty and refreshing.

Fun quick hike. The falls are nice and the pool very inviting.

My kids (teenagers) loved this hike. We went in the spring and it was perfect, summer would be hot though. It's down a lot of slickrock and little shade, but so beautiful. We loved the pools and waterfalls, so peaceful.

Hot summers but the water is always refreshing

Beautiful waterfall and refreshing plunge in the pool at the bottom. Good hike.

Beautiful trail! All downhill to the falls and uphill on the way back. It was easier than I thought it would be.

Did this hike during an early summer evening and it was spectacular! My favorite parts of the hike -
beautiful, short, awesome swimming hole above falls, no crowds.

A nice hike and happy to check off my list. Not as scenic as lower calf Creek Falls.

Great hike. Take lots of water and your swimming suit!

I have a feeling some of the other reviewers are thinking of the lower falls. The upper falls aren't as spectacular as the lower falls, but I think the hike to the upper falls is better, and it's not nearly as crowded. It's a steep hike that descends into the canyon. You have to hike up to get back to the trailhead.