Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

Parking at the Silver Lakes Information center

6 minutes ago

Great hike, little more moderate than easy with a steady incline and lots of loose rocks. The lake is beautiful!

I would not consider this an easy hike - more moderate. Though it was a short distance, the constant incline and tons of loose rocks made it a pretty slow going climb. It took us about an hour to climb. The sign on the trailhead said it was 1 mile, but I think it was longer. I'd recommend this trail if you're looking for a workout with a beautiful view.

Lots of traffic, beautiful hike though.

Great hike, 1.25 hours on a stairmaster. More moderate than easy for this 59 yo moderately active woman. I'd do it again though. If you don't like crowds, this is not for you.

We did the Twin lake Lake Solitude loop. Very nice hike.

Beautiful trail. Took my 2 year old- on foot, no carrier. We made it the entire way. Lots of beautiful views! Only complaint was we forgot our bug spray and we regretted that. Definitely bring bug spray. Might suggest bringing a carrier for your kids if they aren't active hikers. My little guy is used to long hikes so he hung in there. Will be doing again soon! :-)

My only regret is being caught unaware. The trailhead says 1 mi. (I'm still questioning that) I was wearing my youngest in a mobi wrap and thought a few times it would flatten out, it didn't. But we made it and t was worth it! Just know it's an uphill hike, on either the harder side of being "easy" , or the easier side of "moderate"... You choose ☺️

Would rate this hike Easy-Moderate. The view is well worth it and the trail is equipped with decent footing & boulders for quick resting - plenty shade and cool breezes.

Would rate this hike Easy-Moderate. The view is well worth it and the trail is equipped with decent footing and boulders for quick resting - plenty my of shade and cool breezes.

I would rate this as a easy-moderate hike - but I think it's all relative :) Pretty rocky but there is a side dirt trail that a bit steeper at times but literally saves your butt when coming back down. Beautiful lake (even with the dam wall). Beautiful view looking down on Brighton and Silver Lake. Saw a moose sitting down, just chomping on grass - couldn't care less that we were there. Make sure to bring the bug spray.

This is a moderate short hike, I love it and will do it over and over.

Nice short hike, something to bust out after dinner or work. Good chance to see deer or moose along this trail at sundown. Trail gets a bit rocky and steep as you start gaining elevation after coming around the backside of Silver Lake but nothing difficult really and you're rewarded with an excellent view over Silver Lake and the property around Brighton.

Beautiful area! In our hiking party we unanimously voted that this trail is mislabeled. It is NOT an easy trail. Better to know that before you go. We would say it's moderate. It's a good hike and steep. It has some nice shade along the trail. It is very rocky and steep the closer you get to the lake. But, the scenery at the end is worth the effort. There are rocks and lots of trees around the lake to sit and eat a lunch. Nice breezes too!

Very good. First hike in 15 years. I took a jaunt all the way around twin lakes. Was a little tricky on the south side. Lots of rocks and not well marked trail. Well worth it.

Rocky and steep!! Great hike

Beautiful! If you're looking for a longer distance. Hike from silver lake to twin lakes and then follow the maintenance road down to lake solitude and then that'll take you back out.

Great hike, Silver Lake was beautiful and the Twin Lakes were even better.