Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

Parking at the Silver Lakes Information center

Don't be fooled by the "easy" rating. This is not an easy hike. We saw many families with small children turn around or be forced to carry the kids because they were too tired to keep climbing. When you reach the top, the scenery is beautiful.

This is an awesome hike. It's pretty steep for the whole way but it's such a short distance it's totally doable. The lake is gorgeous.

This was a nice short hike with a great destination. If it hadn't been so late in the evening I would have loved to hike completely around the lake, but only made it about a third of the way. Also, there's a little path to the side of it about half a mile up that has a stunning overlook of Silver Lake!

This trail was very crowded. Once we made it to the lake, we hiked the trail around it (which was way more secluded) before heading back down. This made the trip well worth it. I definitely suggest hiking around the lake. Beautiful views and wildlife in every direction.

I consider this trail as close to moderate. Most of it is going up and you will encounter some steep trails. The Lake/Reservoir is nice but not as spectacular as the other lakes around this area. There is a trail that goes around the entire Lake with some areas that are diffcult and dangerous for kids. Started the hike around 7:30 AM, saw several deer but no moose.

I was able to make it from the parking lot to the lake in about 15-20 minutes. The loose rock wasn't as troublesome as I imagined. I came across moose, a dozen or so deer, and tons of critters. The lake is a beautiful spot to photograph he sunset or sunrise.

We approached it from the Solitude Lake trail, going in a big loop back to Silver Lake. I recommend doing it that way. It got a little hard and steep in the approach, but definitely worth it for a great view.

Great hike, little more moderate than easy with a steady incline and lots of loose rocks. The lake is beautiful!

I would not consider this an easy hike - more moderate. Though it was a short distance, the constant incline and tons of loose rocks made it a pretty slow going climb. It took us about an hour to climb. The sign on the trailhead said it was 1 mile, but I think it was longer. I'd recommend this trail if you're looking for a workout with a beautiful view.

Lots of traffic, beautiful hike though.

Great hike, 1.25 hours on a stairmaster. More moderate than easy for this 59 yo moderately active woman. I'd do it again though. If you don't like crowds, this is not for you.

We did the Twin lake Lake Solitude loop. Very nice hike.

Beautiful trail. Took my 2 year old- on foot, no carrier. We made it the entire way. Lots of beautiful views! Only complaint was we forgot our bug spray and we regretted that. Definitely bring bug spray. Might suggest bringing a carrier for your kids if they aren't active hikers. My little guy is used to long hikes so he hung in there. Will be doing again soon! :-)

My only regret is being caught unaware. The trailhead says 1 mi. (I'm still questioning that) I was wearing my youngest in a mobi wrap and thought a few times it would flatten out, it didn't. But we made it and t was worth it! Just know it's an uphill hike, on either the harder side of being "easy" , or the easier side of "moderate"... You choose ☺️

Would rate this hike Easy-Moderate. The view is well worth it and the trail is equipped with decent footing & boulders for quick resting - plenty shade and cool breezes.