Tibble Fork Loop Trail

Tibble Fork Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

fly fishing

Beautiful trail. Dense forest. Be ready for it. GPS , snacks.

Just an FYI, after making the drive there we were notified that the Tibble & Silver lakes are being drained for the season, and are closed. Nothing is showing this online, so just a heads up! So much for SUP :/

I thought trail was more moderate than easy. Make sure and have your GPS on or you could easily take the wrong trail and end up way off course. Also, take lots of bug spray or you will be eaten alive by mosquitos! On an up note, it was very beautiful!

Moderate in places but really beautiful

This was a great hike in the winter. We didn't run into too many people, and our pup loved playing in the creek. Snowshoes weren't necessary in January, but they were helpful at times. I would love to do this again in the summer!

It was absolutely beautiful. We went during January and it was a perfect winter wonderland. There's no other way to describe it. Wow.

Great for snowshoeing

Favorite hiking trails.?

I like this trail. It's the perfect combo of steady incline and good distance. Not too difficult and nice for someone who has about 3 hours and wants a good workout but something enjoyable. The dogs like it too. Not very high traffic except today I did run into some dirt bikes which wasn't great but I appreciated how considerate they were to me and my 2 dogs. I'll definitely continue to keep this hike in my regular rotation.

Awesome trail, overrun by dirt bikes though. Be prepared to jump out of the way at a moments notice and inhale a lung full of exhaust.

Great birds to see. Highly recommended

The first half of this trail I would rate as Moderate only because it's all uphill. Not steep, but still uphill. It's a pretty hike through the trees and the meadows but that's about it. Nothing terribly amazing.

Gorgeous hike! It's a combination of three trails total. We started at the Tibble Fork Dam and headed up the Tibble Fork Trail 041. This section of the trail is rather exposed, so go early before the sun clears the ridge. After nearly two miles the trail comes to a crossroads with the Mud Springs Trail 173. Take the left (north) onto the Mud Springs Trail. This drops you into a beautiful meadow. HINT: Venture out into the meadow a ways. Then turn around. The view of the mountains to the North and East are amazing. Perfect place for lunch. The trail then descends down an adjacent canyon back to Tibble Fork Reservoir. The last 1.2 miles of the trail is known as the Mill Canyon Trail. This will lead you to the Mill Canyon Trailhead. Then just walk about half a mile back to the reservoir parking lot.

I rated this trail as moderate. The incline wasn't bad on the Tibble Fork Trail, but the Mill Canyon Trail is steep and would have been too hard for our little kids (the youngest is 3) to climb up.

If you are hiking in the spring it's very muddy so come prepared. This lake is breathtaking and the hike is pretty easy. Good hike in the summer evening. Bring a picnic dinner to eat by the lake after to enjoy the beauty here.

The view of the lake from the parking lot is gorgeous. Did this hike in February so there was some snow, but it was still a do able fun hike.

We love the Tibble Fork Reservoir and that is reason enough to go to this trail. We tried this trail in April and it got muddy about 1.5 miles in. What we did do was totally worth it though! Beautiful mountain views! Bonus? This trail was closed to everyone except hikers when we went! That meant we got to enjoy the mountain views with more privacy than you would typically experience. Check out our photos of Tibble Fork Reservoir on our blog here:http://wanderookie.com/blog/2015/04/13/the-pristine-alpine-lake-no-one-is-telling-you-about/

Took this hike in mid-April but didn't have any issues. Very light traffic and only a few snowy areas. Rather muddy in spots but that's spring. Definitely enjoyed it.

This is a great trail, starting with a beautiful mountain reservoir. The trail is well maintained, and the slope is relatively easy. There will be impressive views as you complete this one. The loop is not one trail, so you'll want to follow Tibble Fork Trail 041 (1.8 miles), take a left on Mud Springs Trail 173 (.8 miles), then another left on Mill Canyon Trail 040 (1.2 miles). Take the dog along for this one. Spend some time at the lake while you're there and soak in the views and do some fishing.