The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

Beautiful place. Unfortunately for me when I went the water was pretty high and we couldn't go very far back into the narrows...

An easy stroll along the river with lots of water access. Great for kids or adults looking for something beautiful and chill. A family favorite.

Very easy walk with great scenery and a wade in the Virgin River at the end as a reward.

My family loves this hike and we will do it again before we leave. We rented the water shoes from the outfitters that came w/ neoprene socks and a walking stick for $24 / person. In hindsight, we could have done this hike in old sneakers. The walking stick is a must for support while crossing a few of the river areas that the water is running fast though. Very scenic. Great place to hike on a hot day. Great views and and tons of photo ops. If your coming to Zion this has to be on your list of hikes. Getting to the Narrows is a easy on the Riverside Walk which is paved the entire way from the bus to the start of the Narrows trail up the Virgin river. Enjoy your hike!

This has been my favorite hike I have done. If you love water you will love this hike! Be prepared to get at least waist deep from time to time. I hiked in an old pair of Asics running shoes without a problem.

This is probably one of my favorite hikes anywhere. You need great water shoes as most of the hike is in the Virgin river itself. Amazing views of the canyon from the canyon floor. The trail is crowded for the first half mile or mile buy thins out more and more with each mile you travel.

riverside walk is sweet. waterfalls that make you feel like your in paradise

Unlike any other trail I've hiked. Went in a couple miles and the water was about three feet at its highest. Would like to go further another time to get away from some of the crowds. Far too crowded to be considered serene, but certainly interesting and a lot of fun. We rented boots from Zion Outfitters (walking distance from shuttle stop 1) for $25. The rental comes with a walking stick which came in handy. The boots were well worth it.

Delayed review from May 2015. Super enjoyable stroll along the river. Lots of places for cool pictures. Seen plenty of squirrels and birds along the way. Splashed around in the water when we got to the end. Overall fun afternoon. Easy hike with Marcy Jones

Beautiful and amazing scenery in the canyon. Don't need the water shoes they rent in Zion, but some net hiking shoes worked great. Follow the river walk to the water and then thru the water till you want to turn around. When you get to the fork - straight is Wall Street, but if you hang right it will be prettier w/ some waterfalls that you have to maneuver through and some climbing. Don't go alone as you may need a helping hand in some places. If you make it to the area where the log is lodged between the rocks - have a seat - it's fun just to watch people decide how they are going to get past it, on it, over it. If you don't think you can, go to the left and swim (water to deep to walk) and then you have to get into a waterfall that pushes you back, so you need to have someone there. Great trying though. 8 miles round trip from the shuttle stop. Best time to go to miss the crowds is 6am (first bus up the mountain) and you'll be done by noon. Saw deer & 3 pt buck that early. Take some food and put everything in sealed baggies in your pack. Watched a lot of people fall into the water w/ their steps onto a rocky river bed. That's why the stick helps. If you go after the rains start the river gets muddy colored and you can't see the bottom. Went July 4 week and you could see the bottom clearly the whole way, went back August 6 and glad I had the stick to put down in front to know where the bottom was.

Crowded but the only way to get to the Narrows from the bottom.

This trail is NOT the narrows, it is merely the entrance trail. A paved out and back that has some cool scenery but nothing compared to the narrows themselves.

This is one of the most interesting hikes I've been on. Walking through the water of the beautiful Virgin River is an experience unlike none other! The intimidating rock formations offer a geological paradise!

One of my favorite hikes by far! completed the "Top Down" hike with an overnight stay in campsite # 6. bottom line... Amazing!

It can be as shallow as a tap of water and as deep as a pool. We walked towards upstream for about 3 hours and it is still walkable. Check the flash flood warning beforehand for sure.

Probably still the most Unique hike I have ever done, can't say it was the most enjoyable (but then when we were there it just opened up 3 days earlier, so the water was extremely high) my 9 & 10 year old stopped & waited for us to return, being bad parents we continued on for a bit, my wife stopping before myself. I made it to Orderville Canyon. (Would love to do again, with much less water & not having to worry about the kids) Very challenging if water levels are high, you will be tested physically!!

I would say this was one of the best hikes I have ever done.

Water was muddy but awesome day out yesterday!