The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

This trail is NOT the narrows, it is merely the entrance trail. A paved out and back that has some cool scenery but nothing compared to the narrows themselves.

This is one of the most interesting hikes I've been on. Walking through the water of the beautiful Virgin River is an experience unlike none other! The intimidating rock formations offer a geological paradise!

One of my favorite hikes by far! completed the "Top Down" hike with an overnight stay in campsite # 6. bottom line... Amazing!

It can be as shallow as a tap of water and as deep as a pool. We walked towards upstream for about 3 hours and it is still walkable. Check the flash flood warning beforehand for sure.

Probably still the most Unique hike I have ever done, can't say it was the most enjoyable (but then when we were there it just opened up 3 days earlier, so the water was extremely high) my 9 & 10 year old stopped & waited for us to return, being bad parents we continued on for a bit, my wife stopping before myself. I made it to Orderville Canyon. (Would love to do again, with much less water & not having to worry about the kids) Very challenging if water levels are high, you will be tested physically!!

I would say this was one of the best hikes I have ever done.

Water was muddy but awesome day out yesterday!

Ready to go back! This place is amazing...

One of my favorite hikes!

Amazing!

Beautiful!

It was amazing. We hiked up until the river split off into two paths. We took the harder path, which is a lot less crowded than the main path, and climbed quite a ways before turning around. We had climb over obstacles and at one point we had to use a rope to climb up. It was extremely challenging but an amazing experience and we got to see some amazing sights.

Awesome great for families, refreshing in the summer,we really enjoyed it!

This was an awesome hike. I absolutely loved it. It's not a challenging hike at all, it's just a ton of fun. Probably due to its "odd terrain", of walking through a shallow river. One of my all time favorites.

Truly incredible. You can make the hike as long or short as you want, which is a huge plus. We chose to go almost as far as you can go without a permit, so from the shuttle to there and back it was about 10 miles. It's very crowded at the beginning, but once you get past the crowds and into the canyons it is quiet and truly amazing to see. I'd really recommend renting the water shoes and neoprene socks that the park outfitters have — $25, which includes a big walking stick that came in handy to catch myself on big rocks, despite my initial skepticism. It's 100% possible to do the hike in any shoes that work in the water, but it was definitely easier to enjoy the scenery and water with the comfort, ease, and traction the shoes provided.