EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

The Subway Trail

The Subway Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Virgin, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until October.

Long day hike to dinosaur tracks, keyhole falls and subway. Long day hike to dinosaur tracks, keyhole falls and subway. The subway is a pipe-like gorge. The trail is not maintained. The beginning is steep. The trail follows a creek. Hikers have to pass the creek a couple of times. In order to do the subway-trail hikers need a permission from the administration of Zion National Park.

Amazing

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said, I've done in a dozen times n never been disappointed.

A must do if you are in the Zion national park area. Strenuous but worth the effort. Gorgeous landscape.

AMAZING. Strenuous, but well worth it!

amazing day hike. that this is rated moderate stuns me. it's 5+ hours of non-trivial scrambling. beautiful payoff.

I have three extra permits for this Saturday, April 2nd. Contact me at bio_melly@yahoo.com if you are interested!

Must do hike if you can get a permit and have the proper equipment

My husband and I went in October. It was Beautiful but I am not going to lie it was a little difficult but worth it

Fucking awesome!

Awesome!

Amazing!

My favorite hike. It's amazing; if you get a chance, do it. We went top-down so there was rappelling involved, which kinda made it even more fun.

In my top 5 list of epic hikes. We hiked in early April. It took us 11 hours and we loved every minute of it. Even the final 1600-foot climb out of the river canyon at the end of the day was amazing. Bring your backcountry permit, river/canyoneering shoes, neoprene socks, hiking poles, drybag, & plenty of fuel-food & water (i drank 4 liters & used my water filter for the last 3 miles out. And stop to take pictures.

Great. A challenging hike with swims rock scrambles and a repel. But very rewarding views.